Fiesta Faction banner

121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hum wonder if this is the cause of my intermittent abs, traction ,hill assist light going on and off , Sometimes I can go week with it off
then boom it pops back up , no rhyme or reason .

Its possible, I had the same issue but with the check engine light...happened a few times before the car and I parted ways till she is fixed

·
Registered
58 Posts
Car is now running and driving.....I had a look at the harness with the tech who fixed my car. The bottom of the fuse box is shaped like a V which brings the wires closer together and well better protected....They also installed the sponge which is part of the 1st step of then recall.....

Hopefully getting the car back tomorrow but gotta put the winter wheels on and check the brakes after the car has been sitting for a long time...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had the recall done on my 2011 Fiesta. They replaced the wiring harness and battery junction box. Car runs great! I opened the lid and everything is brand new but there was no foam in the lid. Isn't part of the recall to install some kind of foam sealer in the BJB lid?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wondering if anyone had extra trouble to this recall. After 2 1/2 months without my car, next day after picking it up, Message " malfunctioning Engine, service now" showed up....Called Ford and took the car in...Need a new computer...Ford Rep says it is not related to the replacement of all the electrical in the car. I am not buying his opinion and wondering if anyone had the same. What a nightmare this experience has been. I never had problems with my car, but it has been nuts since October.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this recall done in August 2017. The exterior lights were not working and the car shut down while driving, which was extremely dangerous Recall consisted of them replacing some fuses, cleaning the fuse box and apparently sealing the box. 4 1/2 months later the exact same issues were happening again. Went back to the dealership but they said "sorry the recall has already been completed, we are no longer responsible"
Absolutly rediculus because obviously the underlying problem was not fixed. As johnr863 said they replaced the entire harness and fuse box, this is exactly what should be done but was not in my case. It is extremely frustrating to have the dealership wipe their hands clean of a poorly executed recall.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ford should be ashamed of such a ****ty product. If they had any pride at all, they would make it right. I gave them a chance by buying this car for our kids to use and given its crappy quality and **** customer service, I will never consider any Ford,Lincoln or anything made by them again. Well done, morons.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I had this recall done in August 2017. The exterior lights were not working and the car shut down while driving, which was extremely dangerous Recall consisted of them replacing some fuses, cleaning the fuse box and apparently sealing the box. 4 1/2 months later the exact same issues were happening again. Went back to the dealership but they said "sorry the recall has already been completed, we are no longer responsible"
Absolutly rediculus because obviously the underlying problem was not fixed. As johnr863 said they replaced the entire harness and fuse box, this is exactly what should be done but was not in my case. It is extremely frustrating to have the dealership wipe their hands clean of a poorly executed recall.
Are you in Canada? If so, place a safety complaint with Transport Canada and maybe they will be forced to repair these things properly or be forced to buy them back.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
This thread was why I got rid of my Fiesta. Having countless issues with the car, I checked my fuse box, and it was a disaster. Thought I'd trade it in on a car with a great reputation. Looked at a Civic, but August 2014 the Accords prices were a bargain. Mine was just under $19,000. 100,000 trouble free miles! Fiesta had problems on delivery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you in Canada? If so, place a safety complaint with Transport Canada and maybe they will be forced to repair these things properly or be forced to buy them back.

Yep in Ontario Canada
And I did call Transport Canada to file my complaint while it was all going on. Wanted them to have documentation of what was going on in my situation because I know there are others that have been, or will be, in the same situation! Hopefully Ford will be held responsible at some point.
All i know is after dealing with both my local dealer and Ford Canada, I will never own another Ford again!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Great, thanks for doing that. I would never buy one again either.

I think I will write a letter to Ford inviting them to make it right or buy the car back. Just to annoy them - I know the idiots in charge will ignore it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I took my 2011 on 2/28. The two electricalish issues I was having are probably not related to the BJB. I received a call on 3/1 that they were testing some electrics and the electric windows weren't working. They went to check the fuse connection and it fell apart. They received the parts on 3/5, and I got the car back on 3/6. Within a mile, I turned around because the low beams and interior lights weren't working. I will report back later when I pick the car up again.

I was having two issues that were probably not related. The NVLD has been setting a code in the computer (known problem), and when it's cold, I get a security lock issue (doesn't cause any issues with starting and driveability).

Curt Rosenstengel
2011 White SES

·
Registered
42 Posts
Went to pick up the car a second time on 3/7. Tried all of the electrics, appeared to be working. I went to check the BJB to make sure they did the recall correctly. They had not installed the foam pieces to keep out future dust. The service writer was able to find the pieces and install them. I went to put the cover back on the BJB and it wouldn't fit right. The internal fuse block was not set into the box correctly and was pushing the box out making the cover not fit properly. While I was looking at the box I pushed on some of the fuses and the engine almost stalled and the headlights went out. It was not going to leave the dealer until they fix it. Also, they lost my prop rod stay. They need to replace that.

On the plus side, they cleaned and detailed it. Sadly, it's still winter in Northern Michigan so it will stay clean for about 100 ft.

If you have this work done, make sure they put the foam pads into the cover. There are three to be installed.

Curt Rosenstengel
2011 White SES

·
Registered
372 Posts
Curt, do you have photos of the foam pads?

Unbelievable incompetence at Ford. It seems to be universal. Poor product, dismal service.

On a related note, I got a notice of a voluntary recall for my 2008 Mercedes-Benz, due to potential exhaust cracking leading to some untreated exhaust escaping. And as it turns out, for a few months my car has begun to sound as though it has a small manifold leak.

I bought this car when it was new 11 years ago and it has 255,000 km on it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
One case of where they do it better overseas...

They should at least split the full repair cost, in the UK they would have to warranty this repair as a car is a durable goods product and should not fail like this....
Another example of how some regulations protect customers better overseas than here in the states.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went in to get the recall completed. I have no running lights so I can not drive at night. Recall could not be completed, waiting on backordered parts to help clean the terminals after the damaged fuses are removed. Is anyone in the same boat as me?? Im located in Toronto, Canada.
I'm across the border from you in New York, although closer to Montreal. For the past few months I thought that my problem in a vehicle non-start condition was a problem with the TCM seems to be an electrical issue now that a small town dealer whom seems to care about the brand and service is looking into it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mike,

Here is a link to the Recall procedure. There is a picture of the foam pieces.
https://ford.oemdtc.com/3241/customer-satisfaction-program-17b16-battery-junction-box-clean-and-seal-2011-ford-fiesta

I finally got my car back over a week later. Ford decided it was in their best interest to replace the whole BJB, which includes a wiring harness. They still forgot to put in the foam pieces in the new BJB, which was the same design as the old one. I made them fix that before I left. And they replaced my prop rod stay piece.

On the plus side, I asked them to replace the battery (I would pay for that). When I picked it up, they said no-charge for the replacement battery.

They also did a recall replacement on the door locks. When I put the driver window down, it sounds like it's hitting a wiring harness. I'll need to pull the door panel off to fix that.

I sent the service manager an email stating my displeasure with the way the service was completed and how they seemed fine sending out a job that wasn't completed as well as it should have been done. And it's a good thing I knew all about the recall procedures before I brought it in. Not sure if they will get my business in the future.

Curt Rosenstengel
2011 White SES

121 - 140 of 157 Posts