Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2013 Fiesta Radio powers up, but does not work, driving me crazy, help!

Hi all!

I recently bought a used Fiesta Base model hatchback with around 77k miles. Everything was working fine, but all of a sudden, the radio just completely quit on me out of nowhere.

Now heres the STRANGE thing, the RADIO and AUX in buttons do absolutely nothing, but I can press CD or SIRIUS and it'll react. I can insert an MP3 CD, it'll take it and say "READING CD" but wont do anything. The audio button on the top right does nothing either. And sometimes the Menu button will work, and I can go thru the vehicle settings etc.

I actually removed the radio and replaced it with a 2012 version from ebay. Still have the same results. I checked all the fuses and I dont see anything blown.

STRANGE thing is, when I removed the radio, I notice it has two large plugs on the rear. Only one is being used, and there is NO sign of any other connectors in there. Only the large connector and the small one for the antenna. There is a second black large connector that is not plugged in. Is there supposed to be a cable for that?

I'm really really confused here because the radio DID work, and that second cable (if thats what the problem is) can't simply disappear! HELP!

·
Registered
5 Posts
2013 Fiesta Radio powers up, but does not work, driving me crazy, help!

Hi all!

I recently bought a used Fiesta Base model hatchback with around 77k miles. Everything was working fine, but all of a sudden, the radio just completely quit on me out of nowhere.

Now heres the STRANGE thing, the RADIO and AUX in buttons do absolutely nothing, but I can press CD or SIRIUS and it'll react. I can insert an MP3 CD, it'll take it and say "READING CD" but wont do anything. The audio button on the top right does nothing either. And sometimes the Menu button will work, and I can go thru the vehicle settings etc.

I actually removed the radio and replaced it with a 2012 version from ebay. Still have the same results. I checked all the fuses and I dont see anything blown.

STRANGE thing is, when I removed the radio, I notice it has two large plugs on the rear. Only one is being used, and there is NO sign of any other connectors in there. Only the large connector and the small one for the antenna. There is a second black large connector that is not plugged in. Is there supposed to be a cable for that?

I'm really really confused here because the radio DID work, and that second cable (if thats what the problem is) can't simply disappear! HELP!
Did you ever figure this one out? I'm having the exact same issue. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts