Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just to be clear, this issue I'm describing only affects the map lights (that require a button press to turn off and on). The dome lights that turn off/on when the doors are open or closed work perfectly.

So I suddenly have an issue in my 2011 Ford Fiesta in which the map lights (both front and rear) will turn off/on randomly, and not respond to the button presses. They will randomly turn off/on while driving, or even while the car is turned off and just sitting in the drive way. I had to completely remove the dome light housing and disconnect them so they wouldn't empty my car battery. It's like they have a mind of their own.

Given that this problem suddenly happened in both the front and the back at the exact same time, would this be a fuse issue of some sort? If so, does anyone know which fuse needs replacement? I have a copy of the 2011 Ford Fiesta owners manual, and the only fuse that references anything close to the map lights is a single fuse that seems to control the front dome lights, but there is no mention of the rear dome lights on any fuses. I'm having difficulty tracking down which fuse controls the map lights (if there are any).

Dome lights operate normally when doors are opened, closed or when car is started. This is purely an issue with the map lights.

Any thoughts on what could cause such an issue?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts