Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Fiesta had approx 94K on it when it started with this issue: After approx 60 mins highway driving, I went to downshift and the clutch pedal felt weird - went right to the floor and I couldn't shift the car. I coasted to a stop and turned it off. Restarted - couldn't get into gear. About 20 mins of waiting/trying, I finally put it into gear with the engine OFF, and was able to depress the clutch and start the car, then run in 1st about a mile to get off the highway. After trying a bit more, the problem seemed to go away entirely. Happened several times again, getting more tricky to get back into gear, but I could usually do it if I get down to a coast.

My great mechanic rebuilt the master cylinder and the problem "went away", but after 2 months of occasional driving, it happened again, but "fixed" itself almost right away. Last night I went out to start it, and it wouldn't go into gear at all - none of the forward gears OR reverse.

Any thoughts what could be causing this type of an issue? We thought it may be "overheating", but now that it happened with a cold start seems to negate that theory. Really don't want to sink more $$ into if if there isn't a real fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick update: I let the car run for 10 mins, then tried again - nada! I can put it in gear when the engine is NOT running, but trying to start it like that, even with the clutch in, causes a lot of jumping around, so I know the transmission is still engaged! I tried reverse - same thing, and now I can't get it OUT of reverse, even with the engine off. sigh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts