Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed when I accelerate at the higher speeds, 45 to 60 mph, my Fiesta sounds loud inside the car. My radio volume is 15 and I hear it still. I roll the driver's side window down and I don't seem to hear it but when the windows are up, I hear it. Just seems to have started and not sure what it is. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I noticed when I accelerate at the higher speeds, 45 to 60 mph, my Fiesta sounds loud inside the car. My radio volume is 15 and I hear it still. I roll the driver's side window down and I don't seem to hear it but when the windows are up, I hear it. Just seems to have started and not sure what it is. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Based on your description, it sounds like you’re experiencing some sort of exhaust drone. At 9 years old you could have suffered some damage to the exhaust system or rot. Get a mechanic friend to look at it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Based on your description, it sounds like you’re experiencing some sort of exhaust drone. At 9 years old you could have suffered some damage to the exhaust system or rot. Get a mechanic friend to look at it
could very well be.

OP how many miles on the car? Anyther thing it could be is wheel bearings, is it less load around corners ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to have it looked at next week. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts