Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within the last week ive had an issue coming out to a dead car. A jump would get it going but the battery was obviously not keeping a charge. The battery was bought in OCT 2019 and has been jumped probably 5 times in the last week. Over the weekend i replaced the alternator thinking this would fix it. It drove fine for about a 2 hour span yesterday and sat from around 3:30 until 7:30 this morning and was dead again. After replacing the alternator the only thing i can think of is the battery unless im missing something? is there anything else that might be my problem?

·
Registered
33 Posts
The first step is to check the voltage of the battery, then jumpstart the car and then check the voltage as it's running.
If the voltage is in the 13-14 volt range, then odds are it's the battery, as the 13 plus volts says that the alternator is trying to charge the battery.
Even though it's only a few months old, like anything else, even new or newer items can fail.
Take it to where you bought the battery and have them do a test of the battery to verify.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts