Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife owns a 2013 Fiesta SE. It's a manual with ABS. Ever since she owned the car she always had this issue.
I did not see any way to turn off Hill System Control in SYNC. Not sure if there is a dev mode in it.

We can recreate this problem 10/10 times.

When coming to a complete stop, on a hill, facing upward, the brakes of the car gets stuck, and the only way to unstuck it is to put the car into neutral and let the clutch out after it starts driving. Never had brake issues while driving, only when at complete stops uphill or right after it. When trying to start from an uphill position, letting the clutch out slowly while being in first gear, doesn't do anything, just revs the engine since the brakes are locked up.

Changed both front rotors and brake pads.
Flushed the system and refilled with correct brake fluid.
Now the fluid has a slight burnt color, could use a flush again, but was doing the same issues on fresh fluid.

I tried asking mechanics, they are all "I don't know never heard of that". Brought it to a mechanic, told us to take it to the dealership. Took it to the dealership, they told us to take it to a mechanic...

In sync there is only option to turn off ABS

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Not going to lie - I don't think I've EVER heard of an 'auto-hold' on hills for the Fiesta manual transmission.....

Sorry I don't really have any superb input. Have you checked out the rear drums for seizing up?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts