Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my car inspected & for the last week or so my stereo/electrical system in the car has went "haywire." There's a loud cracking-snapping like frequency noise that suddenly will emit when the stereo is turned on at times & sometimes even when its off. all fuses r okay. Obviously its something in the electrical system & it usually disables all audio for a time but the noise remains happening at random & wasnt there prior to inspection. I live 40 mins away from the Ford dealer so wanted to see if anyone knew wtf was happening here b4 calling them or had any advice on a fix. I have audio of the noise but wasnt sure if u can upload on here or not. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had this.
I ended up throwing out the stock stereo and installed an aftermarket. It solved that problem but i continued to be plagued with parasitic draw issues.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that what that loud snapping/crackling noise was/is, parasitic draw? i thot thw speakers had blown out initially. the dealer of crs said it wasnt bc of anything they did when it was inspected although it was fine b4. i will pbly install after market stereo. how difficult wld it be it to install one for someone who knows the basics abt how to do it but not much more? i pulled the outer casing off yday to see how easy that was but didnt completely remove to see wire set up, etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
snapping cracking, from what i understand, is actually a module in the stock stereo that becomes too hot over time and malfunctions. I had read where someone had figured out which one it was and upgraded part was only a few bucks but i lost the thread.
Needless to say, I had to change the headunit to aftermarket. I had to get the dashkit, headunit, wiring adapter and antenna adapter.
Its not hard to install if you know how to either crimp or solder.

Keep in mind, this solved my stereo issue (IE i can now listen to the stereo), but, it also opened up a parasitic draw issue which would kill my battery if i left it plugged in. Its an intermittent issue that i can't figure out where its coming from (ex wiper blade motor). I have not pulled the battery saver fuse. The only thing that has hinted me where the problem is is pulling the "passenger fuse panel" from the engine compartment. I also have had major corrosion in the fuse panel which could be the other issue i am facing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts