Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this car since new, and it is the definition of a lemon. Mind you only has 50,000km. (Live in ontario, canada)

- 2 Clutches replaced, 3rd is on back order so total (3)
- Steering column replaced - Squeaking noise when turning right and left (dealer can't figure it out because whenever i show up at a dealer the problem magically disappears)
- Engine malfunction lit up yesterday and today it disappeared.
- I got 2 more letters within 3 months of a door recall and some cpu recall i dont even know anymore.
- My gas mileage is not as advertised due to all the mechanical problems
- My Sync is horrible, constantly disconnects and with this new upgrade i cant find where to turn of 911 assist,.

This car is a nightmare to drive, and i am worried about my safety. I would love this car out of my life but who will buy it when the re-sale value is garbage because everyone knows how bad they are.

I called ford arbitration, they told me to go to the service and fix it. But how can something be fixed when they keep installing the same part that will eventually break over and over again. It is not the dealers fault because they repair the car with what they have.

Extended warranty means nothing to me when i don't want this car in the near future and i doubt it would ever make it to 100,000 let alone 160,000km. I did not buy a car in the intention of being in the service department every month. It is a waste of my time and i have to take time of work to take care of this and as you all know time is money.

I contacted my salesguy and he can try to swap me into a new car for about the same cost. But i am already going to lose money. Plus i lost the trust and fondness of Ford and do not want anything to do with them in the future. The only suitable replacement would be a mustang because focus and fiesta have the same issues, and i dont need a truck or suv.

I don't know what to do, I'm lost, sad, and this car makes me depressed everytime i sit in it. I'm only in my early 20s too. So this car is a huge investment for me.

America has lemon laws, and Canada doesn't so i am stuck in a rut. With a bad egg (Coincidentally the car is oxford white)

I know so many of you on this forum have all the same issues, i just wish Ford could do something. Take this car out of my life please.

·
Super Moderator
1,269 Posts
Car ownership is both an emotional and financial affair. To keep it simple, buying a car is rarely (almost never) an investment where you will earn a meaningful return. Understanding that, If you feel you need to get out of your Fiesta then go for it. An expense is just that and looking at the bigger picture (years into the future) you will have spent $XX on a car or many different cars but the result is the same.

With that being said, I can sympathize with your situation. It plains sucks! However, there are options and decisions to be made. Trade it now and take the hit early? You can catch some really sweet model year end sales right now. Keep it for a while until your warranty runs out? Let Ford fix the issues and maybe you will be good to go for thousands of miles. Put money away for your next car purchase? You are doing the right thing by taking advice and opinions. Weigh them out and do what is best for YOU. Hope this was helpful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The point i am trying to make is that there needs to be some sort of justice. Why should i and many others pay with our own money to get out of this problem, when the problem is from Fords end. I went to my dealer and they cannot do anything. They do not even have a number to give me to reach someone of higher power. Something needs to be done, there are thousands of fiesta owners with this issue and it needs to be addressed. We as a group cannot keep getting our cars serviced every month. They told me my fiesta which has 50,000km and is 2 years old is worth 6,500. Like are you kidding me. I am losing serious money. Ford knows its garbage and is avoiding everyone and everything in order so they do not deal with this situation properly. It is not fair to us. How many forums are on here with all the same issues. You cant keep throwing broken trannys at us and expect to us to shut up.

This isn't directed at you personally Fiesta_Hack at any way, i appreciate your input, i just wanted to elaborate more.

I need a source were i can directly deal with this problem. Service centers and dealerships will not do anything and only care about themselves. No one wants to get their hands dirty and settle this problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if i should contact OMVIC, or BBB. One lady told me to contact Larry Nurse, but when i googled his name, someone in a message board said he passed away. So there goes that. My goal would be for Ford or whoever to buy back the remainder on my vehicle and get rid of it once and for all, and not have this looming problem on my hands. On kijiji, autotrader and other websites my car sells for 11-13g. So there is no way i can't get a decent amount. What is 10,000$ to Ford anyways. Like i have mentioned before I don't want to keep repairing this car every 10,000km or when every 3 months a recall comes by. It's not fair, and yes i know life is not fair. But this is ridiculous. No one buys a car for it to be serviced so often. The car isnt 15 years old with over 200,000km on it. I'm not the only one feeling this way, and every fiesta owner with this issue deserves something better.

·
Registered
654 Posts
If 11-13g is the current private sale value, then it may be advantageous to sell it on the private market and not take the huge hit from the dealer on their trade-in value. Get the car caught up with any outstanding TSBs and recalls, have the documentation to show that the car was generally well-kept up maintenance-wise. Buyers tend to want to know a car's been taken care of and maintenance caught up. Clean it up, put a sign in the window, and let the car go, and don't look back. Once one's trust in a car and their dealer support network is shaken, it's really hard to regain that trust.

Personally, I'd rather have a higher-mileage car with great service records than a lower mileage car with a couple of stray receipts tossed in the glove box.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't know if i should contact OMVIC, or BBB. One lady told me to contact Larry Nurse, but when i googled his name, someone in a message board said he passed away. So there goes that. My goal would be for Ford or whoever to buy back the remainder on my vehicle and get rid of it once and for all, and not have this looming problem on my hands. On kijiji, autotrader and other websites my car sells for 11-13g. So there is no way i can't get a decent amount. What is 10,000$ to Ford anyways. Like i have mentioned before I don't want to keep repairing this car every 10,000km or when every 3 months a recall comes by. It's not fair, and yes i know life is not fair. But this is ridiculous. No one buys a car for it to be serviced so often. The car isnt 15 years old with over 200,000km on it. I'm not the only one feeling this way, and every fiesta owner with this issue deserves something better.
Hi Menasor,

Have you tried to reach out to Ford Canada? You can get in touch with customer service at (1) 800 565 3673. I can also be of some assistance in getting your Fiesta running smoothly again. But from what I gathered from your post, it seems you are looking for more than a mechanical fix, which I totally understand. I can document your vehicle feedback, I can also provide some assistance in order to get that transmission taken care of. If you want my help, send me a pm with your VIN, odometer reading, full name, phone number, and servicing dealer.

Thank you!

Mathieu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts