Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2014 Ford Fiesta s and of course it doesn't have cruise control or keyless entry. The keyless entry/remote start is easy enough to handle. The cruise control on the other hand is more difficult. I can't find any aftermarket cruise kits for the 2014, but will a 2013 kit work on the 14s? This is the kit that I'm hoping some one can tell me will work or not. 250-9610 Ford Fiesta 2011-2013 Rostra Complete Cruise Control Kit - The Cruise Control Store

·
Registered
22 Posts
Why not retrofit it your fiesta using oem parts. I can help you with the activation features.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased my Fiesta on 9/4 and am looking to get CC added. I purchased a used steering wheel off ebay that comes with the CC buttons and have got it installed in the car. The buttons are lighting up, but not working to set the cruise. Any recommendations on activating the feature? I have downloaded Forscan and played around with it a little. But not sure where to look specifically. Also, does anyone recommend a particular communication device? Looks like there are a lot of options and the prices can get pretty high.

Thanks,

Billaz

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am looking to retrofit my 2016 Fiesta S with cruise control and would appreciate any advice. I have done some looking around and have not found much details to the exact process. So far, I have purchased and installed a new steering wheel that has the CC buttons. Now I believe I need to have the features activated with a program like Forscan. Anyone done this before?

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
3 Posts
IT CAN BE DONE!!! I know I'm not the first one to do it by any means, but I am happy to help anyone who is new to the process and needs some help. Essentially, I purchased an upgraded steering wheel that had the cruise control buttons already installed. I am sure you could also buy the buttons and wiring harness to add them to your existing wheel, but why bother when you can find steering wheels pretty cheap online. After installing the wheel I purchased ELM327 tool that allowed me to connect the OBDII connection to my laptop. Downloaded and installed Forscan, then played around until I found a dropdown to enable Cruise Control. After writing out the changes, the deed is done. My 2016 5 speed Fiesta S now has fully functional cruise control.

·
Super Moderator
1,317 Posts
This is great news. I wonder if this will work on older models. Honestly kinda surprised as Ford has many of these options locked down. Wish enabling the Foglight circuit was this easy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
This is great news. I wonder if this will work on older models. Honestly kinda surprised as Ford has many of these options locked down. Wish enabling the Foglight circuit was this easy lol

I was just gonna ask about the fog light thing. What is needed to get that stuff activated? I really want factory fogs...

·
Registered
218 Posts
IT CAN BE DONE!!! I know I'm not the first one to do it by any means, but I am happy to help anyone who is new to the process and needs some help. Essentially, I purchased an upgraded steering wheel that had the cruise control buttons already installed. I am sure you could also buy the buttons and wiring harness to add them to your existing wheel, but why bother when you can find steering wheels pretty cheap online. After installing the wheel I purchased ELM327 tool that allowed me to connect the OBDII connection to my laptop. Downloaded and installed Forscan, then played around until I found a dropdown to enable Cruise Control. After writing out the changes, the deed is done. My 2016 5 speed Fiesta S now has fully functional cruise control.
Great work. I'm keen to do this also. Which version of Forscan did you use? Did the Cruise Control mod require the extended licence?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Great work. I'm keen to do this also. Which version of Forscan did you use? Did the Cruise Control mod require the extended licence?
That's my question as well. I'm guessing the full Windows version, as I don't see programming listed in the description of Forscan on the Google Play app site.

I'm guessing that it wouldn't add the function of allowing the TCS to be switched on and off on the early cars?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you remember exactly where you find the option to enable cruise? Also, can you enable daytime running lights too? I have a Mac so I could not download Forscan. I'm borrowing my friend's Windows computer to do it. The ELM327 is supposed to arrive tomorrow, and I'm hoping this will be a 5 minute or less procedure. I already ordered the leather steering wheel with cruise buttons & installed it. I have the 2016 Fiesta S with powershift.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a steering wheel with the controls and downloaded the latest Forscan Version 2.3.7. The screen shots of other's programming the ECU look different so I was wondering if anyone had a step by step walkthrough for activating cruise and any other modules that might be available.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I keep hoping too... one of these days it's gonna be there...

Foglights are never going to be a toggled function until they start using the same BCM across all trims. Though the wiring exists into and out of the BCM, cars without foglights do not have the internal circuit to even be turned on\

·
Registered
182 Posts
Foglights are never going to be a toggled function until they start using the same BCM across all trims. Though the wiring exists into and out of the BCM, cars without foglights do not have the internal circuit to even be turned on\
I know...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased my Fiesta on 9/4 and am looking to get CC added. I purchased a used steering wheel off ebay that comes with the CC buttons and have got it installed in the car. The buttons are lighting up, but not working to set the cruise. Any recommendations on activating the feature? I have downloaded Forscan and played around with it a little. But not sure where to look specifically. Also, does anyone recommend a particular communication device? Looks like there are a lot of options and the prices can get pretty high.

Thanks,

Billaz
I would like you to help me to add cruise control to my 2014 Fiesta s Manual Can you give me a few more details?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts