Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I would be grateful for any advice on the issues we're having with the above car.

We bought this car for our son in August 2021. It had done very little mileage and seemed to be a nice car. Unfortunately, almost immediately we had issues with the battery- if the car was unused for a day or so the battery would be dead. We actually purchased a new battery before realising that this seems to be a known issue and lots of other people are experiencing the same problem (based on Google searches). We had to call out the RAC/AA a number of times and have been told that 'something' is draining the battery when the car is switched off. Still can't figure out what that might be.
Yesterday, the car was again dead when my son went to start it. We restarted the car using a jump start device that we'd just purchased. Now the car displays two warning lights- engine and wrench signs. The display also shows 'transmission control module' failure or along those lines. The car now also doesn't drive properly. I hate this car.

So, my question is, is there a way to reset the warning lights/messages and have a driveable car or do we again have to pay out to get this heap of crud fixed? I'm so upset for my son- it's his driving test today and he had lots of plans that are now scuppered by this not-fit-for-purpose vehicle!

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
HI, I have a 2013 Ford Fiiesta. About 4 years ago, I left the lights on to go into a store for a very brief time. When I came out, the car was dead. My son came and jumped the car and I had to drive home which was about 3 blocks away. I felt as though I had no brakes but I got home ok. Next day I wanted to take it to the dealership to get a new battery if need be. I started driving down my street and had to turn around, go home and actually have the car towed to the dealership which is only about 3 miles away. I couldn't even make it that far safely. The transmission control module had to be replaced which at the time was no charge. Apparently, there is some connection between the battery and the computer systems in the car. It was a very scary experience for me. Ford changed the battery and everything is fine so far. Looks like if you jump the car or do anything with the battery yourself, it upsets the computer which is not good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts