Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a decent leak emanating from around the oil cooler where the oil filter is mounted. I checked the oil filter and also replaced it and made sure it was tight but the leak persists. I can't seem to find much on the internet about this issue or any help on replacing the oil cooler. I did see one video showing an aftermarket Mishimoto oil cooler conversion being installed, and it showed the oil cooler being removed with a 12mm allen socket wrench. Is there really only one bolt holding this oil cooler to the block? Also, it looks like this "bolt" actually has a port that oil flows between the block and the cooler. Is there any gaskets or o-rings that are needed if I determine I need to replace this cooler? Thanks for any assistance.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: Purchased new oring but when I took off the cooler the original oring seemed fine. It did seem like oil was leaking from one side of the junction between block and cooler. I cleaned everything good, applied a little HT RTV and reassembled. Let you know how it goes. BTW, it’s a 12mm Allen for removal, just the one bolt/port down the middle.

· Registered
2 Posts
UPDATE: Purchased new oring but when I took off the cooler the original oring seemed fine. It did seem like oil was leaking from one side of the junction between block and cooler. I cleaned everything good, applied a little HT RTV and reassembled. Let you know how it goes. BTW, it’s a 12mm Allen for removal, just the one bolt/port down the middle.
How long of an allen key did you use to driver the bolt/hole
How long of an allen key did you use to drive the bolt/port through the oil cooler and into the engine block?
Thanks for any reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts