Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just curious, are these transmission issues few and far between? Do most owners of the 1.0L have zero problems with their transmissions? I have a 1.0L on order and now I'm a little worried about the transmission.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have had zero transmission issues. You will generally only see the vocal minority that encounter on issues like this. Even if you do get a bad transmission, you have a warranty.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Like a stated earlier in this thread, my issue was sloppy shifts on my part. Since I became a bit more deliberate I haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
467 Posts
OK it's been a while, but mine did it again the other day. I haven't had an issue shifting into 3rd gear first and then into reverse. But this time I didn't and it popped out immediately. Made a lot of grinding noises as well. I tried shifting into reverse several times after and couldn't replicate it. Seems shifting into a forward gear is only masking a problem like I mentioned in an earlier post. So the issue becomes, what does the dealer do? If it's so random, they surely don't want to pull apart the transmission in this car if they can't make it pop out of reverse. And I'm not crazy, because it does do it once in a while. I have a feeling they will tell me they found nothing wrong and send me on my way. I'm at nearly 25k miles so the warranty is up soon with how many miles I drive. Megan any thoughts? I bought mine Feb. 2014 so probably a pretty early build.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
OK it's been a while, but mine did it again the other day. I haven't had an issue shifting into 3rd gear first and then into reverse. But this time I didn't and it popped out immediately. Made a lot of grinding noises as well. I tried shifting into reverse several times after and couldn't replicate it. Seems shifting into a forward gear is only masking a problem like I mentioned in an earlier post. So the issue becomes, what does the dealer do? If it's so random, they surely don't want to pull apart the transmission in this car if they can't make it pop out of reverse. And I'm not crazy, because it does do it once in a while. I have a feeling they will tell me they found nothing wrong and send me on my way. I'm at nearly 25k miles so the warranty is up soon with how many miles I drive. Megan any thoughts? I bought mine Feb. 2014 so probably a pretty early build.
Hi Neat Engine,

I recommend heading to your dealer to get this looked into. Once you have an appointment set up, please send me a private message with your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hi Neat Engine,

I recommend heading to your dealer to get this looked into. Once you have an appointment set up, please send me a private message with your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan
Thank you Meagan! Trying to do this next week. Have a new issue now with clicking in the dash board. Just started a thread about it. Trying to upload a video or do a private youtube video for all to see. This is new and sounds like a taser. Definitely strange but it's there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can't trade my 2011 Ford Fiesta cause my Battery Junction box and engine harness needs replacing its going to cost me $3000.000 to fix Ford won"t help DON'T BUY A FIESTA

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a little over 30,000 miles on my 2014 and it has been difficult to engage reverse since day 1. I have learned to hold pressure on the shifter while letting the clutch out to make sure it is fully engaged.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have a little over 30,000 miles on my 2014 and it has been difficult to engage reverse since day 1. I have learned to hold pressure on the shifter while letting the clutch out to make sure it is fully engaged.
Does it ever pop out of reverse? That seems to be the problem most of us have. You are nearing the end of your warranty unless you purchased an extended one. I would for sure contact Megan and then make an appointment to get that looked at before the warranty is up. Just to be safe.

·
Registered
939 Posts
They probably don't even do anything when you bring it in haha. Any time my pops out (which is almost never) it's isually due to my negligence. I doubt any of these transmissions are that different and I'm also sure they don't re engineer the stuff when you bring it in.

·
Registered
467 Posts
They probably don't even do anything when you bring it in haha. Any time my pops out (which is almost never) it's isually due to my negligence. I doubt any of these transmissions are that different and I'm also sure they don't re engineer the stuff when you bring it in.
Sad but true about not doing anything. But read the first post of this thread. The OP had issues of popping out of reverse and he definitely had transmission issues which were fixed by the dealer. Is this common to all 1.0 Fiestas? Maybe not all but seems for some of us. Will they even bother looking? Pretty scary for us nearing the end of our warranty. I'd hate to see what the labor charge would be for his repair if it wasn't under warranty.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Maybe a different gear oil like redline but eh, hard to say. I'm thinking skme people are just pickier than others which is understandable!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Maybe a different gear oil like redline but eh, hard to say. I'm thinking skme people are just pickier than others which is understandable!
I've been driving manual cars for 30 plus years. I've never owned an automatic vehicle. I for sure know when a car "pops" out of reverse and it's not driver error. One or two times I can live with. Beyond that, it's with the vehicle. And now we have others with the same issue. It's not about picky. I'm glad you don't have this problem. For those that do, let's hope it gets taken care of by our dealers. Again after warranty, the labor for something like this would be insane.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts