Fiesta Faction banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The 1.6na also has some problems popping out of reverse. But unless it does this often enough, they won't find it and therefore won't fix anything.

I've found this mostly happens when I put the clutch in, start the car, then go straight for reverse. Need to add the step of letting clutch out in neutral, then putting it back in and going for reverse.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I can't trade my 2011 Ford Fiesta cause my Battery Junction box and engine harness needs replacing its going to cost me $3000.000 to fix Ford won"t help DON'T BUY A FIESTA
Spend the "$3000.000" for grammar tutoring.

In other news, my transmission is doing great since I installed the short shifter. :D

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Just a reminder. The transmission is warranted for 5 yrs. or 60K which ever comes first.

For F Fords not related to transmission problem. I'm sure there is more to the story.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I have a little over 30,000 miles on my 2014 and it has been difficult to engage reverse since day 1. I have learned to hold pressure on the shifter while letting the clutch out to make sure it is fully engaged.
Have you spoken with your dealer about this? I want to check into some options. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Does it ever pop out of reverse? That seems to be the problem most of us have. You are nearing the end of your warranty unless you purchased an extended one. I would for sure contact Megan and then make an appointment to get that looked at before the warranty is up. Just to be safe.
Thanks!

Meagan

·
Registered
60 Posts
my car has 2015 has 8500 miles on it now and my trans issues seem to be getting worse,I've road raced miatas for years and I am no novice at driving a manual transmission...other than the normal reverse issue that most seem to have,I have grinds sometimes shifting into 2nd and 3rd sometimes aswell,also last 2 days have noticed twice now that when I go into a reverse I've heard a loud pop then when I go back into 1st I hear another pop this sound seems to be coming from trans/clutch...I also have a rattle at ldle coming from my transmisson.....my car has spend almost one total month of my ownership(since october 14) in the dealership for other issues(trim rattle and seat issues)...they also seem to not beable to tell me why the car seems to feel like it is runnning uneven at WOT(like it has a slight miss)I gonna pull plugs soon and check gap....car has had 2 oil changes so far and run only 93 octane fuel,I always let it warm up and cool down...I may drive my cars harder than a grand ma,but I take care of them.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
my car has 2015 has 8500 miles on it now and my trans issues seem to be getting worse,I've road raced miatas for years and I am no novice at driving a manual transmission...other than the normal reverse issue that most seem to have,I have grinds sometimes shifting into 2nd and 3rd sometimes aswell,also last 2 days have noticed twice now that when I go into a reverse I've heard a loud pop then when I go back into 1st I hear another pop this sound seems to be coming from trans/clutch...I also have a rattle at ldle coming from my transmisson.....my car has spend almost one total month of my ownership(since october 14) in the dealership for other issues(trim rattle and seat issues)...they also seem to not beable to tell me why the car seems to feel like it is runnning uneven at WOT(like it has a slight miss)I gonna pull plugs soon and check gap....car has had 2 oil changes so far and run only 93 octane fuel,I always let it warm up and cool down...I may drive my cars harder than a grand ma,but I take care of them.
All hail Hypnotoad!

I'll be happy to send this up the chain. Please send me a private message with your VIN, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
467 Posts
I decided to take my Fiesta 1.0 into the dealership at the last minute today. The 3 issues were the vent actuator, the passenger side speaker and the reverse popping out. The dealer was great, but didn't have the parts so I'll have to go back. They knew about the actuator and speaker issues that are out there. They said they haven't had many issues with reverse popping out of gear. In fairness, it hasn't happened in several thousand miles, so I knew they wouldn't be able to recreate the situation. Also, it has never popped out when putting in a forward gear and then reverse. And they weren't able to get it top pop out of course. Both trying reverse on it's own, or in a forward gear first and then reverse. I watched them as they put it in reverse many times and nothing. I wanted to contact you Megan before I went in, but did this at the last minute today. Since they couldn't get the car to pop out of reverse, and I can't either at this point, it may have gone away. They for sure weren't going to check the syncro's or idler gear that Joel mentioned since they saw no issues. You could tell by the guys face that the actuator replacement is going to be a pain in the arse! Someone mentioned a $30 part and $300 labor. Ouch. Speaker shouldn't be a big deal though. They did have to order it.

Since I'm selling this car asap I wanted to get it in the best shape as possible. The transmission has a warranty of 60k miles so if any issues pop up, the new owner is good.

On a side note, I miss how "fun" the Fiesta 1.0 is. The Focus is for sure heavier/slower and you notice it immediately when driving them back to back. Smoother ride yes. But just doesn't have any "fun" factor. Oh yea, the shifter sucks! I think I mentioned that in the Focus 1.0 thread.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Thanks for thinking of me! :) I'll be glad to check out some options if you're interested.

Meagan
The parts are in so I'm heading there tomorrow around 10:00 EDT. The dealer warned me the car will be there all day. That actuator is a pain to replace I guess. IF you have any suggestions or options Meagan, please PM me if you get this in time. I'll have my phone all day tomorrow so will check this site as well while sitting at dealer.

EDIT: PM sent Meagan.

Thanks!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Mine hasn't popped out of gear, but reverse sure is noisy. Always has been since day one. Sounds like a pilot bearing, or throw out bearing is squealing, but it doesn't occur in any forward gears so it's not either of those two things. I'll have the dealer take a look at it since I'm about due for an oil change.
I forgot to report back on this. A long while back the dealer said the noise and vibration is normal, I've gotten use to it, although I've never heard it in any manual transmission ever in my life.

If anyone is interested, I made a quick video a while back and just now uploaded it. It sounds like a 600-700hz squeal, those who are familiar with operating metal lathes or CNC's, it's like the bit is vibrating due to incorrect pressure or insufficient lubrication. You can feel it much easier than hearing it.

Since it's so difficult to listen through laptop speakers, I've speed up the footage to make it more pronounced at higher pitches. It remains the same pitch regardless speed, but volume and intensity increases as load goes up. Then I raved it... That's right, rave....

·
Registered
7 Posts
So good, Dirtbag! Your remix reminds me of what hit the front page of Reddit a few days ago (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbApBbOaJHM).

In addition to the more "damage is occurring" noise I posted about in my own thread, I too have the noise from your video that you're describing, which I hear is just from the way reverse gears are cut these days.

·
Registered
169 Posts
"It remains the same pitch regardless speed" To me, that's a really interesting fact. Any non-synchronized gear sounds I've ever heard has a pitch varying in direct proportion to speed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I forgot to report back on this. A long while back the dealer said the noise and vibration is normal, I've gotten use to it, although I've never heard it in any manual transmission ever in my life.

If anyone is interested, I made a quick video a while back and just now uploaded it. It sounds like a 600-700hz squeal, those who are familiar with operating metal lathes or CNC's, it's like the bit is vibrating due to incorrect pressure or insufficient lubrication. You can feel it much easier than hearing it.

Since it's so difficult to listen through laptop speakers, I've speed up the footage to make it more pronounced at higher pitches. It remains the same pitch regardless speed, but volume and intensity increases as load goes up. Then I raved it... That's right, rave....

So is this sound normal? I dont refer to the sound when the car is moving backwards (quite normal sound in every gearbox, which increased with speed). I mean the sound that can be heard when start engaging the clutch, in the video from second 1 to 2. Mine does as well, like a buzzing or something rubbing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
when I first got my 2014 fiesta 1.0l. mine popped out, just to find out that I didn't pull the shifter all the way down, now it no longer pops out. the trick is to keep pulling it down and then release the clutch, it moves down a little more, locking it into gear. and every manual has a noisy reverse gear because the reverse gear has straight teeth.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I have a 1973 mazda and they don't stock parts for it anymore. DONT BUY A MAZDA.
I have a 1965 Corvair and I can get just about any part you need or want! Just not at your Chevy dealer. I'd tell you what a reproduced wiring harness costs, but you'd cry. (Cheap, an easy do it your self project)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2015 1.0 ecoboost red edition, and when after a 5 mile motorway journey and the car is really hot, my transition starts to play up, only when shifting from 1st - 2nd gear. the gear stick goes stiff and is really difficult to get to second. so i need to wobble the gear stick from side to side and it literally clicks back in... I've had it in the mechanic and they told me it when the clutch - so i have had a new clutch kit installed and the problem keeps happening. any advise?

41 - 60 of 61 Posts