Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, looking to see if anyone can help me out and let me know if I should be worried or not.

My 2015 Fiesta SE 1.6 TI-VCT with 86000Km has been making this ticking sound for a while now, it makes me nervous that something inside the engine isn't right. I've had it in to two separate dealers and they both said it sounds normal, though I'm not sure how much I trust them.

The car has no CEL and no codes, doesn't burn any oil, has new OEM spark plugs, coil pack and wires. I use 5w20 fully synthetic oil. Did a cold compression test and all cylinders came in at 150psi. I have a mechanics stethoscope and can not seem to locate the source of the noise.

Sound from inside car (may need to turn the volume up, it's more noticeable in person than on the video)

Sound from under car (the phone actually makes this seem more pronounced than it really is, but not much)

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
In my opinion it sounds just like most Fiestas. People compare it to a sewing machine. Mine's a 2014, bought new and sounds like that since day 1... ticking from the tappets plus a 1/4 frequency louder "toc". It's a noisy engine. My previous car for comparison, a Peugeot, idled like it was turned off. Each model has it's characteristics. I wouldn't worry too much. Just my two cents.

·
Super Moderator
1,269 Posts
We have a 2015 that we have owned since new. It has a slight ticking that seems to have been there since day one. I took it in once while it was still under warranty and they said they couldn’t hear anything (they only ‘hear’ something when they ‘see’ a red CEL). With that being said It certainly is not as loud as yours. We have 64k miles on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts