Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
I believe the 1.5 is a 4 cylinder. I wish it was a 3 as I would look at this for a swap of my 1.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a 1.5 liter 4 cylinder ecoboost but according to numerous posts on the internet (including from Ford) this is an all new 3 cylinder with cylinder deactivation and an *aluminum block*. I have a 1.0 ecoboost sedan that I love, so this is pretty exciting.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I believe the 1.5 is a 4 cylinder. I wish it was a 3 as I would look at this for a swap of my 1.0

From one site: Looking to shake up the hot hatchback segment, the 2018 Ford Fiesta ST will lose one cylinder from its engine and yet still produce nearly 200 horsepower as its takes the EcoBoost technology to the next level. The Fiesta ST, which makes its world debut at the Geneva Motor Show, is powered by a 1.5-liter 3-cylinder EcoBoost engine that develops 197 horsepower and 214 lb-ft of torque. Ford said the output is good for 0-62 mph acceleration of 6.7 seconds, 0.2 seconds quicker than the previous ST.

And another...Speaking to Auto Express last year, Ford’s head of small cars in Europe, Darren Palmer spoke up the prospects of a three-cylinder ST, calling the new engine “promising”.
“It’s a great engine – it sounds brilliant and there’s loads of torque when the turbo comes on boost”.

Source for second quote: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/fiesta/97192/all-new-2018-ford-fiesta-st-unveiled-with-197bhp

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
Fords media site states an all aluminum motor. Could be lighter than the 1.0

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
From Ford build/price pages for the ST (option package 400A):

"Included
The Fiesta ST is powered by a turbocharged and direct-injected 1.6L EcoBoost® engine mated to a slick-shifting six-speed manual transmission and cranking out 197 horsepower and 202 lb.-ft. of torque.*

*Horsepower and torque ratings achieved using 93-octane fuel."

I believe you will find the is a 4-cylinder engine.

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
Right. The US model continues in its last year as the 1.6. The Euro car gets the refresh and the 1.5 3 cylinder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts