Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im running 38psi in the 185/60/15 tires now..i have the Dct in my fiesta. 120 mile round trip commute .mostly flat highway miles .cruise set at 67mph .max ac setting on #1.had 348 miles on trip computer 8 gallons to top off tank....43.5mpg!!!!!am so happy...:)

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I'm really pleased to see these great mpg numbers by you and others. I'll be mostly highway also but have a few right angle turns, stop signs, and a couple of signal lights which will pull down my numbers a bit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i only have probably 5 miles of possible stop and go in my 120 mile commute..didnt use the ac today and pulled 44.1 mpg today @67mph cruise setting...:D

·
Registered
260 Posts
yeah, i only have probably 5 miles of possible stop and go in my 120 mile commute..didnt use the ac today and pulled 44.1 mpg today @67mph cruise setting...:D
That's fantastic!
On a long drive mine got 41.5 with the AC on so I'm anxious to see how it does once the daytime temps cool off enough that I don't have to run the AC. It does seem like the "sweet spot" for getting the best mileage is around 67. I noticed that in mine, too.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I filled up my tank this morning then had a couple of deliveries to make that were both completely "in town" driving. This afternoon I needed to watch my granddaughter which meant 99% highway driving. So far I've put on 77 miles since fill this morning and I'm showing 38.8 mpg. I'm happy.:)

Also was asked by a Honda Fit family to take a look at my car. They were surprised at the room inside and when I showed them what kind of mileage I was getting.

·
Registered
984 Posts
So far I have driven 755 miles and put 24 gallons into the car which means I am averaging 31.45 miles per gallon with 95% being city driving. I am happy with this and I am sure it will get better. I can't wait until I have a road trip to see how well it does with straight highway driving.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
These results bring me joy. I'm looking for a sipper and considered a Civic because of the many consumer reports of getting better than 40MPG on it. I do mostly highway driving and hope to see averages like yours!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Latest two fill-ups were 33mpg (mainly city & lots of idling) and 36.6 (split evenly) with two people in the car & stuff. I tend to drive about 72mph on the freeway, so I'm happy. Maybe I need to slow down and get happier.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i now have 1030 miles and am showing a average of 43.3 mpg:) on computer..reset when i bought the car with 27 miles on it....

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
i now have 1030 miles and am showing a average of 43.3 mpg:) on computer..reset when i bought the car with 27 miles on it....
Really nice. How close is that to your actual calculations?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i believe its very close to actual...265 miles on trip computer when i bought 6 gallons this morning..equals =43.7 mpg this fill up...getting @41-44mpg by my calculations so far...120 mile commute with cruise at 67mph.....115 miles all hwy/5 miles @35 mph city....:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts