Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need new front pads and rotors. That being said I would like bigger rotors. Will any svt focus rotors work? Also what pads should I use with those rotors? Do I need focus pads or will I use fiesta pads?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
300mm rotors won't fit without a big brake kit to relocate the callipers to accommodate the larger rotors. Pumaspeed has such a kit.

Unless you already have the kit, in which case yes any Focus SVT rotor will fit, but you do need fiesta pads.

·
Registered
210 Posts
We sell a caliper relocation kit to install 300mm rotors on a Fiesta. We're also building a kit to install 323mm rotors on a Fiesta ST. The kit sells for $125 shipped (introductory price). We have them in stock, ready to ship.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I went with the Pumaspeed adapters to use the 300mm SVT Focus rotors. The price from Lapp Racing is way more affordable than the Pumaspeed ones. Installing the adapters and rotors is really easy. I used to swap between stock and SVT rotors each spring and fall. It would only take a few minutes to do it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking at the pumaspeed kit but thats a bit more than I wanted to spend. I want to order the lapp racing kit but I haven't heard back yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For those of you followong this thread. I ordered the lapp racing adapters and I got rotors and padsfrom tirerack. Ill update once I get the parts hung

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
For those of you followong this thread. I ordered the lapp racing adapters and I got rotors and padsfrom tirerack. Ill update once I get the parts hung
Standing by, at 46K I am approaching the "need a brake job" point.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im at 15000 miles...I however live in dc with a 6 mile drive to work traffic goes from 70 mph to 30 in a very rapid manner. I just changed my oil and took a look at my pads. I have about 1mm of pad left. So this project go moved up a bit

·
Registered
210 Posts
So I need new front pads and rotors. That being said I would like bigger rotors. Will any svt focus rotors work? Also what pads should I use with those rotors? Do I need focus pads or will I use fiesta pads?
I think that you already figured this out, but for anyone else wondering. The Focus SVT only has 1 rotor. There are many choices(manufacturer, slotted, drilled, dimpled etc.). They are very easy to find and fairly inexpensive. We sell them for $25-$125 each.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok guys. I finally got a chance to hang my new parts. The adapters worked great. I have to do some light grinding on the left side but other than that the fit nicely. I used plain cryo rotors and hawk ceramic pads to help with dust. I burnished them in last night then drove to work today. I definitely don't have to push the stop button at hard as I used too. I haven't had a moment to really make them work yet but ill let you all know!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts