Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The adapters were 125. The rotors I got were 75 a piece and the pads were 50 bucks

·
Registered
86 Posts
We sell a caliper relocation kit to install 300mm rotors on a Fiesta. We're also building a kit to install 323mm rotors on a Fiesta ST. The kit sells for $125 shipped (introductory price). We have them in stock, ready to ship.
I assume the stock SVT Focus rotors are 323mm?

·
Registered
447 Posts
im a cnc machinist that just so happens to have a fiesta... and a set of fsvt rotors. designing a set of adapters would be very easy. they wont be cheap junk like the lapp racing kit that makes you stack washers to get the correct spacing. they would be machined out of 6061 aluminum. if the interest is there, i'll make them. if not, then no biggie

·
Registered
959 Posts
im a cnc machinist that just so happens to have a fiesta... and a set of fsvt rotors. designing a set of adapters would be very easy. they wont be cheap junk like the lapp racing kit that makes you stack washers to get the correct spacing. they would be machined out of 6061 aluminum. if the interest is there, i'll make them. if not, then no biggie
Hey smalls! Do you think you can make a bigger intake manifold for the fiesta?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I hope somebody can answer this for me. With the 300mm disk upgrade can you still use the oem steelies or would I need to upgrade rim size?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Price is always the factor, how much do you anticipate they will cost?
I haven't even begun to price out material, or anything. it really depends on the initial number of parts made(however many people are committed, plus a few extra sets). if I do a batch of 20 sets, price will be close to $40 for just the adapters. you supply the rotors.

Hey smalls! Do you think you can make a bigger intake manifold for the fiesta?
to tell you the truth, i really don't see a huge market for them. I'm gonna start with some simpler parts before i move on to items like that.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
$40 might be a good place since we can buy the SVT rotors many places, just need some good quality bolts to go with it.

My only issue with all these is what happens to the brake hose, doesn't it get too short?

·
Registered
159 Posts
$40 might be a good place since we can buy the SVT rotors many places, just need some good quality bolts to go with it.

My only issue with all these is what happens to the brake hose, doesn't it get too short?
It likely has enough slack anyway. Went from ~9.44 to 10.2" rears on the Del Sol using the same idea as this upgrade (bracket to space out the caliper and allow larger rotors) without changing brake lines and that worked fine. As long as it still has a little slack for suspension travel when at full lock it'll be fine.

I'll probably be looking for a set of adapters for the Fiesta in the spring.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I did an install video for this kit. This should take some of the guess work out of the install. The Brake lines have PLENTY of reach, they are only moving about an inch from their stock location. You must have 16" wheels for this kit to work or you're gonna have a bad day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Vgp4zXnzE

I check my YouTube page more often than I check the Faction, so if you have any questions, ask them there.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I did an install video for this kit. This should take some of the guess work out of the install. The Brake lines have PLENTY of reach, they are only moving about an inch from their stock location. You must have 16" wheels for this kit to work or you're gonna have a bad day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Vgp4zXnzE

I check my YouTube page more often than I check the Faction, so if you have any questions, ask them there.
Thanks for that post. Should be useful to a few folks on here for sure. :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
I haven't even begun to price out material, or anything. it really depends on the initial number of parts made(however many people are committed, plus a few extra sets). if I do a batch of 20 sets, price will be close to $40 for just the adapters. you supply the rotors.

to tell you the truth, i really don't see a huge market for them. I'm gonna start with some simpler parts before i move on to items like that.
I'm in for a set of the adapters if you think you're going to be able to produce them sometime in the next few months. I'd rather not have to stack washers as well.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
My big concern with what was shown in the video is that there are large sharp corners in the machining... This promotes stress risers and could lead to a break, these parts should have been bead blasted to remove the machining stress, then a very durable cold anodizing to help protect from electrolytic corrosion (dissimilar metals).

Cutting this out of steel might be a good idea, just cut some features into the surface to lighten it a bit. I'd still suggest bead blasting too.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts