Fiesta Faction banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just to clarify. On the rear disc brake kit, you use 2 precision spacers, not washers. I guess that stacking 2 spacers makes this kit "Cheap junk" as Smalls states. On our Willwood kit, we had to stack 4 spacers, I guess that theirs are cheap junk also, even more so. Regarding stress. Sandblasting does not remove all of the stress, only the surface stress. We heat cycle and cryo cool these adapters. There is no residual stress remaining. This is not the first adapter kit we've made.

·
Registered
447 Posts
all Im trying to say is that I was not impressed with your kit at all. I didn't buy the kit from you because you wouldn't reply to any of my messages. a member had the kit cheap, so I bought it from him. whatever cables that you included were completely wrong, and had the wrong length cable. I had to create a bracket to take up the extra two inches of slack that the stock adjuster couldn't take up. I was on the verge of creating a "budget" kit for the members on here, but didn't because you already offered one. Now that I've seen it in person, I will be designing different brackets that are one-piece, easy to install, and cheap enough for anyone to purchase. not having a race team, or any real major overhead, I don't have to make very much money on them

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm guessing they were Focus cables, which all kits I know of use because there aren't cables that actually fit the Fiesta. I don't believe the newer ST cables are compatible with the calipers they were using either. That's a consequence of not paying more for custom cables. Otherwise the kit isn't cheap anymore. I wouldn't put the wrong cables on my car either, but that alone doesn't really make them junk.

·
Registered
86 Posts
all Im trying to say is that I was not impressed with your kit at all. I didn't buy the kit from you because you wouldn't reply to any of my messages. a member had the kit cheap, so I bought it from him. whatever cables that you included were completely wrong, and had the wrong length cable. I had to create a bracket to take up the extra two inches of slack that the stock adjuster couldn't take up. I was on the verge of creating a "budget" kit for the members on here, but didn't because you already offered one. Now that I've seen it in person, I will be designing different brackets that are one-piece, easy to install, and cheap enough for anyone to purchase. not having a race team, or any real major overhead, I don't have to make very much money on them
The cables that were included were the ones for the SVT Focus, they are about 2-3 inches longer but more or less bolt right up to the factory points. Also, if you price the parts individually, you will see the cost of the kit is not that much more than the cost of the parts. Do what you want, but do your research before you start bashing. Merry Christmas.

I do not work for Lapp Racing, but have some experience with their products. Good stuff and I've never had an issue with getting in contact with them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Zombie resurrection...

I am do for brakes all around and I am going for the disc conversion on the back. But was also thinking about just adding on the front kit as well while I am already doing it. But I did read some of you say that 16" wheels are the minimum, but my SE came with 15" alloys...and I don't plan to replace those any time soon. So...stock disc size for me?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts