Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lime squeeze 5dr hatch with Dct has @2700 miles now ..The long term mpg is showing 43.4mpg...it has not been reset since i bought it with @50 miles..todays fillup i had 445 miles on trip bought 10.15 gallons=43.84 mpg...this was figured manually....havent needed a/c here in ohio lately on my 120 mile hwy commute to and from work...running mobil 1 synthetic 5w20 and fram filter with tires set to 38 psi...changed oil at 1300 miles to be cautious...swear by using rain-x and liquid glass wax my favorites.....;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
4100 miles on it now in 2 months...O.B.C. is showing 44.6 long term mpg..havent reset since i bought it with a lil over 21 miles...every fill up im getting 42-46 mpg figured out manually on my 120 mile commute at 67 mph cruise control..after filling today OBC said 534 miles to empty.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have an auto (DCT) SE hatch lime squeeze metallic..I drive an 120 mile commute 5 days a week all but 5 miles are highway miles each day..i set the cruise at @ 67 mph as soon as i get on the hwy...yes i try to maximize mpg's thats the reason for this car..i run 38 psi in the tires and am running 5w20 mobil 1 with synthetic..changed out original oil at 1300 miles...today i had 251 miles on since last fill up..car took 5.66 gallons this equals 44.34 mpg...OBC was at 531 miles to empty after fill up....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
of note also is i traded a 2010 fusion hybrid in on the fiesta...it was rated at 36 mpg hwy and i was getting 40-42mpg in it...i traded it in because i could get similar results from the fiesta mpg wise and be @$130 a month cheaper on payment..a plus was i got both tax breaks last year and since im a-plan i didnt lose out on trade in..they gave me $250 over what was owed...my other rides are a 2006 harley street bob and a 2005 mustang.also have a crf 450 for the moto-x racer in me....:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How would you compare the driving experience between the Fiesta and the Fusion?
ill explain how i felt..with the fusion gauge cluster it was more driver involved like a video game..was neat that it showed where and when electric power was used...very different in the way it was like you always were trying to max electric use and no motor(gas).play it right and you could get 47 mph just using electric..fusion way different as in no shifting felt because of a cv transmission...both are close in acceleration times,fiesta feels more like a go-cart(more playfull) in the turns.i feel more connected as a driver with the fiesta.i felt more disconnected as a driver with fusion.glad i traded it ,but i miss the couple times i saw 99.9 mpg on trip computer...these were trips to grocery store 3 miles away and the gas engine didnt start..this would happen when the car was already warm so engine didnt need to start and make the emission equipment warm since it already was...

·
Registered
8 Posts
of note also is i traded a 2010 fusion hybrid in on the fiesta...it was rated at 36 mpg hwy and i was getting 40-42mpg in it...i traded it in because i could get similar results from the fiesta mpg wise and be @$130 a month cheaper on payment..a plus was i got both tax breaks last year and since im a-plan i didnt lose out on trade in..they gave me $250 over what was owed...
Hey, that's great! How does the power compare?
my other rides are a 2006 harley street bob and a 2005 mustang.also have a crf 450 for the moto-x racer in me....:D
A fellow rider! I ride a Triumph Speed4 and a Ducati 750 sport. No dirt bikes, though I know how fun they can be.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the comparison! Was there much difference in ride quality and road noise?
I would say the ride quality is very close.. both take bumps well..definitely feel the extra weight of hybrid in twisties compared to fiesta..both are quiet in road noise. although some windy days i get a slight noise from drivers window on fiesta .only happened on very windy days at highway 67mph speeds..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts