Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove 920 miles yesterday. Almost totally highway driving.
44 mpg on the dash and supported by gas receipts.
Amazing.

And it's so crazy that a fill-up now means 6-7 gallons.

I wonder if the mileage would have been even higher if I'd driven slower. My cruising speed was 75 m/hr.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Explorer Sport. Not a guzzler, but not a Fiesta that's for sure.

New job starts tomorrow with a ten minute commute, will probably get gas once a month.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Amazing.

I wonder if the mileage would have been even higher if I'd driven slower. My cruising speed was 75 m/hr.

Excellent news! I've got a trip of about that distance coming up next week and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of gas mileage I get. It's been slowly creeping up since I bought the car last week. It started out registering about 26/27 from the test driving it was used for. It's now up to 32 as it gets used to my driving and has gotten out on the highway more.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am averaging 33.2 to 33.5 mpg....I was driving a Mustang and it was averaging 21.5 in it.......I drive 60 miles roundtrip to and from work.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Congratulations on the 44 MPG! What kind of terrain were you driving in? Kansas flatlands? Western mountains? Eastern freeways?

Excellent news! ............. It's now up to 32 as it gets used to my driving and has gotten out on the highway more.
Be aware that you can "zero out" that mileage display when you refill (or any other time). I was getting pretty disappointed when my mileage was only showing 32 mpg after several tanks (my Yaris was getting 40).

Then I realized that the readout was the average since the very first tank. After I zero'ed the readout, I'm up to 38.5 right away on my daily commute. Not as good as my old Yaris yet, but more in-line with what I'd expect with a new vehicle. To zero the readout, just push & hold the end of the left stalk when it's showing the MPG.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I ran full a full tank of gas and doing the actual math with gallons used to fill it back up and miles traveled I averaged 28.5 with a 80/20 city/hwy mix.

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Amazing.

Wow! That is impressive! Definitely a goal for others to shoot for. :D

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Very impressive indeed! I think mine is around 24 mpg city, which is much less than I was expecting. I have not been on the highway yet as I don't have time right now to go anywhere.

·
Registered
642 Posts
44 mph!!??

Well 44 MPH is pretty impressive. 80% of my daily driving is highway. I do 80 miles daily for my work commute. This past weekend, I drove about 300 miles (highway) and slowly got my average up to 34.4 MPG. I'm really hard-pressed seeing 44 MPH.

Originally Posted by BobosCurse
Amazing.

Either BobosCurse computer is calibrated too high or mine is too low.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I drove a few miles home on the highway today and easily stayed above 40mpg and hitting 42mpg overall. I have a stick and its not even rated to go above 37mpg I think. I can't wait until it fully breaks in to see what the engine is really capable of cranking out.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Well 44 MPH is pretty impressive. I'm really hard-pressed seeing 44 MPH.
I hope you mean 44 MPG and not 44 MPH being impressive . And I hope your car will go over 44 MPH . Just kidding we all know what you meant .

·
Registered
173 Posts
First tank mileage...

Very impressive indeed! I think mine is around 24 mpg city, which is much less than I was expecting. I have not been on the highway yet as I don't have time right now to go anywhere.
I think I'd be hard pressed to get much under 29 in pure city driving. In a lot of stop and go I was getting 31-33. Now I'm mixing in some better commuting miles and my average is up to 35.

I'd appreciate it if some of those reporting gas mileage list which transmission they're using!

When I first got my Fiesta (an SE hatch with 5 speed) it was stuck on 16 mpg and didn't seem to be changing; it only had 11 miles on it but I have no idea what is done in those 11 miles, maybe some kind of QA tests.

In another thread it was noted that the Fiesta doesn't engine brake much when you ease off the gas on 5th gear. I notice this too, but I also notice if you put it in neutral it coasts surprisingly well, which can't be attributed solely to the engine controller.

·
Registered
2 Posts
37 mpg

I recently got my powershift Lime Squeeze fiesta right off the show room floor with 7 miles on it, I've had it for about a month and I do an average 80 miles round trip with only 20 miles in the city, rest highway cruising at 75...and im squeezing 37 mpg easy (sitting at 37 for at least two weeks now)...

I'm quite excited to start pushing it a bit higher, just today after coming home i checked and it went up to 37.5.

Overall it's knocking the socks off of my old 2006 Focus ZX4, and is a much more entertaining ride.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I recently got my powershift Lime Squeeze fiesta right off the show room floor with 7 miles on it, I've had it for about a month and I do an average 80 miles round trip with only 20 miles in the city, rest highway cruising at 75...and im squeezing 37 mpg easy (sitting at 37 for at least two weeks now)...

Do you know if they use winter blend fuel in your state? That will rob MPG's as does the colder temps. If this knocked your socks off you'll be pert near necked in a couple months!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wow. My highway and city mileage usually stay the same. 32-35 for both. Probably cause i do 80-90 on the highway. Compared to my 17mpg RX-8, this is a dream.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow, that's great. The best I have gotten so far has been 42 & that was all highway to Ocean City, MD this past fall. I've been stuck between 35-37 all winter with highway/city driving mixed & lots of mountainous driving.

·
Registered
429 Posts
27 in the city 40 on the highway - powershift

1 - 20 of 35 Posts