Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thats what the computer showed after this mornings fill up...anybody showing more or less???i also am showing after driving 50 miles to work it still reading 502 miles to empty...:cool:

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Wow, that is very impressive! I fill up and get around 300-310 for a distance to empty. Right now I am mostly doing 5-7 mile commutes back and forth to work in the city.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Depends how much gas you "squeeze" in after initial shut off. Find that I can get nearly a half gallon if I have the patience. Tanks are designed so there is always an air volume to allow for thermal expension so you can get some more fuel in the tank. That's probably why it showed DTE of 520 at fill and 502 after you drove 50 miles.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the clerk at BP asked if it was a new fiesta and asked to look at it...since it was 4:30 am he left the building and came out to look at..he said he saw one at the dealership and didnt like the factory stripe package(tattoo) and really liked mine without it...:)

·
Registered
984 Posts
On the last three fillups the DTE varies between 355 to 385 but I have been getting more than that in actual city driving.
When I stopped tonight and filled up the DTE was showing 19 miles to empty and the car only took 10.55 gallons and that was jamming the tank full enough to make it overflow on the ground.

·
Registered
7 Posts
520 miles to empty sounds amazing!

Almost too good to be true and I hope I get that reading someday. Last time I filled up it read 427 to empty which made me very happy. I did take a 350 mile trip without filling up and so i'm thinking that maybe since the computer was reading higher mpg then it gave me higher miles to empty. First couple times I filled up it would give me about 300 miles to empty. I know have about 1200 miles driven in my fiesta. I hope my mpg's keep getting higher and higher. :)

I have a Monterey Grey Fiesta SES Automatic. I must say it's the most beautiful color I've ever seen.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Post pics in the Monterey Gray owner's forum! :D Glad to hear you're getting such nice numbers!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm only getting 28.2 miles per gallon which is my average ... What gives?? Aren't I supposed to be at least in the upper 30s? Also Im driving the car like a grandma! Most of it is in the city my freeway is also stop and go most of the time...lol I hate Los Angeles sometimes...

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm only getting 28.2 miles per gallon which is my average ... What gives?? Aren't I supposed to be at least in the upper 30s? Also Im driving the car like a grandma! Most of it is in the city my freeway is also stop and go most of the time...lol I hate Los Angeles sometimes...
That's probably why. I noticed that right after I reset the MPG meter and then drive in the city / suburb, I see 27mpg or so. Highway driving then eventually gets it up to 40-42mpg (though I could probably see higher if I reset it while on the highway).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
todays fillup said 515 miles to empty.

filled up the car today and it said 515 to empty.Have been doing more country driving last 5 days..but this tank got 43.1 mpg..still very happy with my results..:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've been getting about 430 on the dash when I fill up. Lots of mountains around here so my mileage still suffers, but it's still so much better than my F-150 was.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
The MPG computer is at best a general guide. It's not very accurate. To get a true picture of your mileage you should use the fill-up method to record your gas mileage. Below is a Excel chart that I use to calculate my true gas consumption and mileage along with total dollars spent and avg dollars per mile. And yes you're reading it correct...Avg gas price in Western New York is 2.79 per gal.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
todays mileage results figured manual way...367 miles since last complete fill up...car took 8.30 gallons to fill...44.24mpg...this is in my usual average so far of 41-45 mpg for my commute...OBC is showing 43.5 long term mpg since buying it..avg mph on OBC is 50 mph since new...2 months old with 5400 miles on her so far..lovin my fiesta...:)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Whats the average speed you guys are going? My recent highway commute got me 32-35mpg, but i was going 80-90mph.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mileage 47.8 mpg

:cool:We just completed a drive from Brighton Michigan to downtown Chicago. My Fiesta had 1500 miles on it at the start of the trip. We drove at 73 miles/hour according to my Garmin (speedo said 78 miles per hour), using the cruise control.

Using the old fashion method of filling the tank very full at the start, waiting several minutes to top off after pump stopped on auto and then diividing the mileage by gallons purchased we averaged 47.8 mpg. We will check the return when we should have a tailwind.:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whats the average speed you guys are going? My recent highway commute got me 32-35mpg, but i was going 80-90mph.
i drive 120 miles[60 miles one way] a day commute.my cruise control is set depending on traffic at 67-70mph....350 miles since last fill today it took 8 gallons to fill=43.6 mpg......:)

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
As I mentioned in another thread, I just returned from Lebanon, PA back to Western New York and recorded a 45+ MPG on the way over with a reset before the trip. A 40+ MPG on return trip without a reset. Taken into account the hills of PA, I think I did alright!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
how large a fuel tank does the Fiesta actually have?

I thought I read in the manual 12.4 gallon, but on my recent trip this past weekend I drove it down to 10 miles till empty and put in just a smidge more than 10 gallons..... Does the multifunction display only read to the 'E' and then there is a reserve tank that it doesn't read?

Also, I know this is the first tank (the engine is not yet broken in entirely) and the driving was a big mix of city/highway, but I got 364 miles out of those 10 or so gallons of fuel. Car said 33.4 mpg avg. which is darn close to if you figured it out yourself.

·
Registered
212 Posts
According to the on-dash estimate, I got exactly 37mpg for about 200 miles of mostly highway driving. Whenever going in the 45-50mph range, the estimate was going up - but whenever going 65-ish, it was most often going down (slowly). I keep forgetting to calculate it the right way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So far, after two fill ups I'm averaging just north of 36 MPG. This is about a 90/10 highway to urban spit. My commute is 45 miles one way. The funny thing is, if it wasn't for the *$%&# traffic, I would easily have higher numbers. On the highway, cruising at 76MPH, I can hit 41 MPG and stay right around there, now take it up to 82MPH, and you will be hard pressed to get better than 36MPG. If I drive at 55MPH, I can get numbers over 45 MPG. If I bring out a few tricks (coasting in neutral, hugging the yellow line ext...) I have got some truly ridicules numbers, the highest yet 76.3 MPG! Now, most of these numbers are from the onboard computer (which is fairly accurate) so I take them with a grain of salt. I'm just over the 1500 mile mark, and I'm hoping that between braking the engine in and having the car learn how I drive, that buy 3000 miles I will be able to finally pin a definitive MPG number on this car. But, so far so good!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts