Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I have a question for the Fiesta folks in here. Has anybody put FOST wheels on a Fiesta using adapters? A buddy of mine that works at Ford just gave me this set for free and told me these adapters will work. Anyway; any of you running this setup? New to adapters so I need to figure out my fitment. Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 Fiesta SEL
19 Posts
FoST stock wheels are a +53-54mm and with those spacers you're gaining 1.75x25mm additional offset (meaning you're pushing the wheel outboard and effectively lowering the overall offset of the wheel to a +10mm offset. While they will fit on the car, pushing the wheel further out from the hub (and the point from the body where the wheel actually turns) you may/will see rubbing issues at the fender liner fore and aft of the wheel as you turn the wheel. Depending how low you go, the wheel may also stick out far enough to contact the fender itself going over large bumps.

I have spacers on my bird and while I haven't had problems with them, here are the common issues:
Poor quality materials lead to failure of the actual spacer. Spacers are rarely hub centric, and rarer still have a centering ring machined into them. Without a centering ring for the wheel itself to be supported by the hub, the lug studs and nuts are bearing the full weight and strain of your driving habits (ergo, without centering rings, don't drive like a butthole on spacers) and are much more prone to the lug studs themselves failing. In addition, if not centered on the hub by the lugs that are now the only thing supporting your vehicle, you may experience violent shaking as if the wheel was unbalanced (this can be mitigated by making sure you tighten the lugs in stages so they can properly center the wheel). Insert additional comment about proper torque procedure, yada yada yada.

Bottom line, if you're going to run non-hub centric spacers like the ones linked and pictured, take extra care when installing both the spacers AND the wheels onto them and make sure they are centered, torqued and do NOT beat on the car. Lest you end up like this guy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts