Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Fiesta with 65,000km on it. The Ford dealership has just told me that the clutch is failing and needs replacing. But the warranty ran out a year ago.
Ford is refusing to pay for the repair/relacement despite the fact that the cars are known to have this issue and it only has 65,000km on it.
Has anyone else had any luck getting Ford to pay in cases like this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I recently had this work done on my 2014 sedan se. Did you get the recall letter? I had the work done 2 weeks before the recall expired, I then had some post work issues where the car wouldn't shift out of park. When I had I towed back to Ford they told me the recall has been extended to 150k miles. I am in the United States, so idk if that extension applies to you but I would ABSOLUTELY take it up with Ford recalls/corporate

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there, thanks for replying. The extended recall was only applied to the 2014 and later Fiestas. Even though the exact same problem exists for the 2013 Fiesta. Ford is completely refusing to take responsibility. They have "made a note on my file" that I'm not happy. And told me there is no recourse.

·
Super Moderator
1,304 Posts
How much is the dealer charging? If Ford will not cover, I would work the dealer down on the price. Here in the US, I got my dealer down to $975. That money did get refunded to me at a future date when Ford extended the warranty.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hmmm. I never got the recall letter, but I’m going on 184,000 miles on the original clutch with the throw out bearing getting noisy. I did get an estimate for replacing the clutch for $800, and $800-$1000 seems to be the average for clutch replacements for these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts