Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am considering buying a Fiesta SES and my local dealer told me that they couldn't get any with the moonroof. That it was a job 2 feature or something like that and they might not be available until early next year. However after reading around in the forums some people have moonroofs listed in their sigs for their Fiestas. So my question is, what is the deal with the moonroof option? Is it currently available or would I need to custom order to get it?

I have two other questions:

1) Is there a way to turn the ESP/traction control on and off?
2) The brochure I have for the Fiesta says it has a telescoping steering wheel, I was looking at the sedan version today and it didn't seem to have it. Is it not on all trim levels or is there a different lever for it? I was using the one under the steering wheel to adjust it up and down.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You CAN get a moonroof now, I have one on my Fiesta.

Can't turn the traction control off.

Pretty sure all models have the telescoping wheel. It is the same lever as the tilt, but it is pretty heavy when telescoping so you might not have pulled / pushed hard enough.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Moonroof is available. Your dealer has not ordered a stack one with a moonroof perhaps, but it is definitely an addable option. Visit the Ford site and put together your own Fiesta with their build-it feature. If you dealer cannot order you one with a moonroof then find another dealer!

You cannot turn off the ESP/traction control from what I understand. You might be able to physically disconnect the wiring, but I am unsure what that might do.

Like Stevelach said, the telescoping wheel is available at all trim levels, but you do need to be aggressive when locking it in place.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright thanks for the info.

I just found the thing on Ford's site where you can look at dealer inventory and I was able to find a few SES models with the options I wanted (301A, auto, leather) and the moonroof but they were all 400-700 miles away. But at least I know they exist and can be found. :) I guess I'll just have to decide how badly I want the moonroof.

I don't really need to disable the ESP; I was just wondering if you can because the Fiesta brochure I have says you can but I couldn't find a button to do so when I was looking at two different Fiestas today.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Most people here seem to have ordered what they want from their dealers, but it is a 2-3 month wait if you do that. ESP could be something changed via the digital/SYNC display. I've not looked for it in the manual.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
The 2011 Fiesta Owners Guide does not say how to switch off AdvanceTrac ESC or TCS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts