Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Fiesta makes a strange rattle noise when going over small bumpy areas. It sounds like it could be the spare in the trunk but it also sounds like it could be my roof rack, I've taken the roof rack off, but it makes the same rattle. I'm hoping it isn't the suspension or something super serious. I don't feel anything in the steering wheel. It's all audible nothing physical... Anyone else seem to have this issue?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Rattling noises are sometimes difficult to trace. You should first take everything out of the glove box and the passenger compartment of the car and drive it around to see if that makes the rattling noise go away. If it is still there, remove everything from the trunk, including the spare tire and jack assembly. Take a picture of the spare tire and components before removing them since it is difficult to remember how they go back in correctly. Again, drive around to see if the rattling noise goes away. If it is still there, it is probably a suspension component. If you think it is coming from the rear, it could be the rear shock absorbers. When they start to go, they usually leak hydraulic fluid. Even if you don't see oil on them, they could be bad. They are relatively inexpensive and easy to replace. They are known to go at about 50k miles. The next option is the front struts. They also have a reputation for failing early. They are more difficult to replace. You will need a spring compressor and will need to have the alignment done after replacing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts