Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey all, first post here and it's a little bit of a doozy

this morning all four lights came on as well as a message on the console saying hill start assist was not active, or something like that. the tire pressure light has been on since yesterday but I haven't yet had a chance to check that out yet. is this something I should go to the dealer to at least check out? I have a small scantool that I used to check things out and it gave me no codes (it's not a particularly powerful one, but it does read).

any suggestions are welcome, and many thanks in advance!

edit: little background info, 2011 ford fiesta ses with just under 40k miles and from a new england weather/climate.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
hey all, first post here and it's a little bit of a doozy

this morning all four lights came on as well as a message on the console saying hill start assist was not active, or something like that. the tire pressure light has been on since yesterday but I haven't yet had a chance to check that out yet. is this something I should go to the dealer to at least check out? I have a small scantool that I used to check things out and it gave me no codes (it's not a particularly powerful one, but it does read).

any suggestions are welcome, and many thanks in advance!
Your scan tool will not give you any insight to the code unless you have one capable of ABS functionality. The Tire pressure light is a separate system from the ABS/Trac control/hill assist system. If the Tire light doesn't go out after checking/filling the tires, you'll have to go to the dealer/trusted tire repair facility. If the other lights don't go out after cycling the key, your best bed is to seek the help of a Ford dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your scan tool will not give you any insight to the code unless you have one capable of ABS functionality. The Tire pressure light is a separate system from the ABS/Trac control/hill assist system. If the Tire light doesn't go out after checking/filling the tires, you'll have to go to the dealer/trusted tire repair facility. If the other lights don't go out after cycling the key, your best bed is to seek the help of a Ford dealer.

is there a way to key cycle with a push-button start?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I've had the SAME problem for the last 10,000km LOL. To make it worse: my odometer no longer works nor does my mileage estimator.

I read somewhere that it's the ABS module that needs replacing and someone has told me it might be the speed sensor that is loose.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
For both you and the OP - throttle position sensor may be the cause. All of these lights and MAYBE the check engine light will be lit with this issue. I had it in my prior '12 and it was hard as heck to get the lights all lit during a time the dealer was open! It doesn't always happen.

Once you can get the lights lit ... AND get to a dealer, leave the car running as you go into Service. Have them read any codes then because they will be erased once you shut the key off. Odds are that it's the TPS and it's about a 30 minute job plus any wait time. I believe the sensor is behind the driver side panel and there are a couple different ways of correcting things with it. There is a TSB on it so perhaps you can this one as a freebie.

·
Registered
502 Posts
For both you and the OP - throttle position sensor may be the cause. All of these lights and MAYBE the check engine light will be lit with this issue. I had it in my prior '12 and it was hard as heck to get the lights all lit during a time the dealer was open! It doesn't always happen.

Once you can get the lights lit ... AND get to a dealer, leave the car running as you go into Service. Have them read any codes then because they will be erased once you shut the key off. Odds are that it's the TPS and it's about a 30 minute job plus any wait time. I believe the sensor is behind the driver side panel and there are a couple different ways of correcting things with it. There is a TSB on it so perhaps you can this one as a freebie.
Not sure about OP but I'm at over 100,000km on the car. Haven't had wheels with TPS since 6000km. I've only had this problem for the last 15,000ish km.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry I didn't update earlier; so I was actually able to bum an air compressor from one of my colleagues (never leaving home without one after this) and it turns out the PSI in my right front tire was a whopping 10 below what it should be (something like 26.5), so I filled that one up and the tire pressure light went off. At the same time those other three lights (traction control/abs/hill start assist) went off, so it looks like it might have just been a weird electrical signal somewhere that got resolved after a key cycle.

many thanks to you guys for the help, saved me a 30 mile trip to the dealers, lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
So if tire pressure light has been on, does traction control still work? Seemed like I had no traction control the other day , when I went around left turn the rear slid out and I didnt over correct to the left to avoid sliding. Wasnt on my brakes. Just wondering, I think when I got my tires put on they broke my sensors. Because my tires all had same air and light still on.. any input would be nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts