Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mildly hot here in the mid 80s today, not normally an issue, but AC started misbehaving. After running to the bank, then looking for a car wash, the AC started blowing only warm air. I turned it off when I noticed what I guess is the radiator warning light coming on, then went to Jiffy Lube and got the oil changed. Didn't work the rest of the afternoon. Washed the car, engine felt hot, but not outrageously so. Then in the evening I went out, AC worked fine, nice and frosty.

I noticed when the AC wasn't working, the engine seemed to shake sometimes, not that noticeable, but there.

I am trying to decide whether to get a rental car as I am planning to drive to SoCal tomorrow or Monday morning.

Why is the air conditioning not working consistently? I don't think it could be a fuse, I would think that would just blow. Could there be a blockage in the radiator somewhere?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Mildly hot here in the mid 80s today, not normally an issue, but AC started misbehaving. After running to the bank, then looking for a car wash, the AC started blowing only warm air. I turned it off when I noticed what I guess is the radiator warning light coming on, then went to Jiffy Lube and got the oil changed. Didn't work the rest of the afternoon. Washed the car, engine felt hot, but not outrageously so. Then in the evening I went out, AC worked fine, nice and frosty.

I noticed when the AC wasn't working, the engine seemed to shake sometimes, not that noticeable, but there.

I am trying to decide whether to get a rental car as I am planning to drive to SoCal tomorrow or Monday morning.

Why is the air conditioning not working consistently? I don't think it could be a fuse, I would think that would just blow. Could there be a blockage in the radiator somewhere?
Is your cooling fan coming on? I'd say likely not if your a/c isn't working AND you're getting overheat warnings.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fan got replaced after radiator overheated, a few days after this. Required a tow. Couldn't get an appointment but it was acting ok for a couple days, then went south.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts