Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any thoughts on raising the passenger seat an inch or two (for my wife who is 5'2")?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts on raising the passenger seat an inch or two (for my wife who is 5'2")?
Do you have the SES series that you can raise the seat up by pumping the lever up & down????

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The SES has a height adjustment for the driver's seat only.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can you get a booster seat for her to sit on ??

*Ducks* as carefreeAZ's wife hurls loose objects in my direction.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Do they make the 2011 in right hand drive, or would a 2008 UK Fiesta driver's seat possibly bolt in? They'd be height adjustable. A UK seat probably wouldn't match, though. Different interior options.

Thinking about it... even if a right hand drive driver's seat would fit, a higher seat might position the passenger in the wrong spot with respect to the air bag. The driver's air bag is designed / tested for a seat that adjusts for height, I have no idea whether an adjusted passenger seat would be safe or not.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
well, think of it this way. The lower your wife or passenger sits in the car, the lower the center of gravity is and the better the handling will be. Look how low a rally co-driver sits! :)

You can try to sell her on that, but good luck. My wife is 5'3" and is ok with the seat height. I think she is used to sitting lower on the passenger side since the passenger seats in my Mustang and my ZX3 (when I had racing seats installed) are sitting very low for lower cg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts