Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey ilcavalieri,
No doubt about it, I highly recommend the r2c CAI. I read a lot about it here, and decided to take the plunge. The sound is amazing, very deep and throaty for such a little engine, and the build quality is very high. It took about an hour or so to take out the factory air box and install this one, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
http://www.r2cperformance.com/ford-fiesta-cold-air-intake.aspx
It's hard to believe it's only $150.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The entire stock airbox it's removed. It is designed to use incoming air from the factory air scoop (not sure what you call it) in the front grill. I'll post a few pictures here shortly. The engineering from a perspective of how well it fits is very impressive, and it cleans up the engine bay cosmetically. Standby for pics.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Here are some pics for you...

Stock Airbox

Stock Airbox removed

Tubing Installed

Filter installed, and final product...

The sound is very impressive, for such a little car. As for power, they say it adds around 9 or so HP, and my butt dyno agrees, but I'm not exactly worried about speed so there's no reason for me to have it checked. I did the upgrade purely for the sound. I think I'll have to get used to swapping this out every other year with my factory airbox, as I'm moving to California, and I don't believe you can pass a smog check with an aftermarket CAI. It'll be worth the trouble, for the weather :)
BTW, I have, and am keeping, my factory exhaust. I will not be upgrading that, as the sound from this CAI is exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your answer. Do you have a YouTube video? I want to hear that sound. I have another question, what happen when start raining and the engine start to get dirty? The water will damage the air filter? It is secure to used it??

In my country, the fiesta doesn't have like a engine cover under the engine. That makes that the water goes inside. It is safe to used it in this condition? Heavy raining high speed?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Thanks for your answer. Do you have a YouTube video? I want to hear that sound. I have another question, what happen when start raining and the engine start to get dirty? The water will damage the air filter? It is secure to used it??

In my country, the fiesta doesn't have like a engine cover under the engine. That makes that the water goes inside. It is safe to used it in this condition? Heavy raining high speed?
https://youtu.be/FEtY68zxSAA
Old video when was new.
Heavy rain and speed don't produce any damage. It's safe to use it. I clean my filter every 20000 km.
Now it looks like this after I washed it :

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't have a youtube for the audio, but all I can say is that I was extremely surprised when I drove it for the first time. When accelerating, under load, it sounds deep and throaty. When cruising along at 70mph, you don't hear it one bit. It sort of like, you can hear it when you want to hear it, depending on how heavy you are on the throttle.

I am not sure exactly what you mean about the engine cover, but as far as I'm concerned, this CAI is very safe when it comes to rain. It doesn't sit low, like many of them which could become submerged in a deep puddle, causing hydrolocking. This one sits up high, and the heat shield seems like it would keep it dry. I guess water could come in through the front bumper, but I don't imagine that would be an issue. I have not had any problems, and I've driven in heavy rain, but I guess I'm not entirely sure. Plus, it's a dry filter, meaning no oil to worry about getting into your engine.

Edit: Rick - you posted at the exact time as myself... great video. I actually watched that before I pulled the trigger and bought mine. It seems to sound much deeper when you're actually driving, when the car is actually under load, than when revving.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The entire stock airbox it's removed. It is designed to use incoming air from the factory air scoop (not sure what you call it) in the front grill. I'll post a few pictures here shortly. The engineering from a perspective of how well it fits is very impressive, and it cleans up the engine bay cosmetically. Standby for pics.
Thanks for the info and pictures, much appreciated!

Now wondering if this would help at all, it's an ST, but same principles:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for the video and comments. I'm really excited about this intake. Sounds really nice and I think might add at leat 3 HP to my little fiesta.

Do you think that adding a Cai will cause troubles to the air flow sensor? (In my country many people report that many Fiestas has a lot of problems with the air flow sensor, the car shut downs when you use AC, when the Car is in low rpms, specially in powershift cars. My car is 5 speed. I guess I will not have troubles.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I haven't had any problems with my air flow sensor. You remove it from the stock air box and install it in the r2c piping. It's been just fine for me. No check engine it anything.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I threw a R2C CAI on my 15' 5 speed last week, and oh man am I ever happy I did. I found mine locally, lightly used and paid $100.

Such a great sound, they say +9 HP (and I do feel she's a bit peppier at certain RMPs now) but even if there was no power improvement I'm overjoyed with the sound it makes when I dig deep with the throttle :) (plus potential MPG gains, I believe?)

Kept original air box for when I bring her in for service (afraid of it being void when they pop the hood and see the CAI) AND for our disgusting winter season (Northern Ontario)

No errors or issues yet. But from what I've read and heard from others about this product, it should be just fine :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am going to order this intake on Monday. Does this intake use a blockoff plate for the maf on a 2015 model or is it year specific?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts