Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry no 'pickeys' yet, but got the call today that it's at the dealer, in the showroom and roped off. Since the body kit arrives separately I chose to leave it there so it's delivered as I ordered it. Just didn't want to hassle with a lengthy return visit. Dealer says this is their first one so hence the steep learning curve. OK, I'll cut'em some slack......

From what I'm hearing, first thing is to look underneath for puddles......

Anxious to see it. Work sux....keeping me from seeing my Fiesta! Should have pics in the next couple days......

·
Registered
244 Posts
Picked up mine today. No puddles. He is house trained. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
What's this about puddles? I might be picking mine up tomorrow, so if I should be checking for something, please let me know! :D

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Congrats to both of you!

Be sure to post pics in the appropriate Color Club thread. :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First viewing was minutes before the dealer closed so they leave a bit to be desired.

Regarding the puddles, another thread dealt with a new delivery issue that could involve pullling the trans to fix. The new owner hadn't even taken delivery yet.....

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Congrats! No puddles on mine, other than water from running the AC all the time. :)

Has your body kit arrived at the dealer? Mine came yesterday and the spoiler is getting painted today. Shooting to install them this weekend.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats! No puddles on mine, other than water from running the AC all the time. :)

Has your body kit arrived at the dealer? Mine came yesterday and the spoiler is getting painted today. Shooting to install them this weekend.
No kit and hence still sitting in the showroom, I want it delivered complete all at once.

How long after your Fiesta arrived did it take to get the kit?

·
Registered
206 Posts
From what I'm hearing, first thing is to look underneath for puddles......
What about puddles? After I drove mine home, (the ac on full blast and it was raining), there were a couple puddles underneath... is that something I should be concerned about?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
the spoiler arrived a few days after ordering the part, and the body kit came yesterday and my Fiesta arrived last Thursday. I ordered the body kit in early June, but the part number did not come active until about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
What about puddles? After I drove mine home, (the ac on full blast and it was raining), there were a couple puddles underneath... is that something I should be concerned about?
That's called condensation.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Sometimes seeing the Blue makes me feel so indecisive about what color I want. Something sexy about it with the Blue accented seats I imagine... hmmm

·
Registered
413 Posts
My Lime Squeeze Fiesta SES arrived overnight

My dealer called me at 9:00 this morning so I went up to see her. I'll be picking her up at 2:00 this afternoon.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
My dealer called me at 9:00 this morning so I went up to see her. I'll be picking her up at 2:00 this afternoon.
They really seem to be rolling in fast now. Seems like there are at least 2 deliveries a day being reported here. Your car looks great!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bodykit installed, car is off site to get the nose wrap/clear bra applied thursday, then delivery friday. Things are falling into place. Lovin the bodykit!

Camera pics not downloaded yet, phone pics suck but give the general idea.

Car is spending two days at Scottdale Ferrari to get the clear bra since 5 Star Ford's response was the universal shrug. It's two blocks away so no real mileage just to get another pre-delivery item installed. It's amazing how difficult it is around here to find someone that applies this stuff.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Your car looks beeyootiful, Rodewaryer!!! Congratulations!

·
Registered
425 Posts
The more I see actual cars with the bodykit, the more I am liking it.

I can't wait to see your SVTF wheels on there Robert!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Haven't had a chance to post, but my car came in late last week.

The dealer called me Thursday afternoon saying that it had just rolled in, but that I couldn't pick it up until the next day. He must have sensed my disappointment, because he called me back thirty minutes later, saying that I could come down at 6:00.

Long story short. It's beautiful. I got the Tuxedo Black SE with 203a package (Sport appearance/Sync/etc.)

I haven't had any super long trips with it YET, but one lengthy stretch of highway travel, I was averaging 42 mpg. It handles like a dream.

Warning: as others have said, the speed can really get away from you. You think you are going 50, and the next thing you know: 80. Smooth and scary. (;

I had to go back the next day to get the keypad installed, pick up my USB, and to get my picture taken.

Still can't get the Fiesta Community thing to work. Keeps saying invalid VIN. Anyone able to find a fix for this problem?

Learning the SYNC fairly quickly.

I didn't do the pre-order process. (I did the find a dealer stock as soon as a VIN became available, put money down, and STALK him for more than a month until it finally came in.) Except for the waiting, everything went pretty smoothly. My dealer was great (though probably annoyed by my daily calls). If you are in Houston, Ennis or Steve at Champion Ford Katy will do you right.

Megan from Fiesta Reservation was awesome with me as well. She couldn't always give me exact information, but she was able to fill in blanks that my dealer couldn't. (Not my dealer's fault, but at one time, my Fiesta was showing up in Massachusetts.) She kept me sane.

Overall, I am looking forward to learning more about my Fiesta...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Bodykit installed, car is off site to get the nose wrap/clear bra applied thursday, then delivery friday. Things are falling into place. Lovin the bodykit!

Camera pics not downloaded yet, phone pics suck but give the general idea.

Car is spending two days at Scottdale Ferrari to get the clear bra since 5 Star Ford's response was the universal shrug. It's two blocks away so no real mileage just to get another pre-delivery item installed. It's amazing how difficult it is around here to find someone that applies this stuff.
How much is the clear bra costing you? And are you going with Xpel or another company?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Clear bra was over $500, knew it wasn't going to be cheap but it's done, to include little rear wheel arch leading edge panels and the mirrors.

And yes. there are some small issues with body kit fit, but they're pretty minor and pretty much over shadowed by the overall smile the kit brings.

I think the SVTF wheels are KILLER!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Clear bra was over $500, knew it wasn't going to be cheap but it's done, to include little rear wheel arch leading edge panels and the mirrors.

And yes. there are some small issues with body kit fit, but they're pretty minor and pretty much over shadowed by the overall smile the kit brings.

I think the SVTF wheels are KILLER!!!

WOW that looks incredible. I love how you color matched the rear bumper. The blue flame is such a striking color. I was going to initially order my Fiesta in blue. Thanks for the info on the clear bra. Yeah, I expected it to about that price but it's a great investment. That will be my next to do for my Fiesta.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts