Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any of you lucky people who have received your Fiesta have a sunroof? My dealer says my delay is because of the sunroof, but the car was "bucked" on or around 6/21 (this is verified by the date on my window sticker). I know the sunroofs were going to be skipped during initial production, but if mine was built 2 weeks ago, it should be coming "relatively" soon. (the dealer's ETA is last week of July). My saleswoman thinks the sunroofs are installed AFTER production, resulting in the delay. They have received 4 Fiestas which all had similar build dates as mine, but none have sunroofs.

·
Registered
341 Posts
This guy in California posted this pic and comment to the Fiesta fan page on Facebook. He claims to have a moonroof, and as we can all see to our fury, he has taken delivery already.

·
Registered
430 Posts
This guy in California posted this pic and comment to the Fiesta fan page on Facebook. He claims to have a moonroof, and as we can all see to our fury, he has taken delivery already.
Oh first yellow one that has been delivered to customer. I remember seeing the yellow in the LA Auto show and how vibrant the color was. It looks great under the sun.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Not mine. It's still at the plant. Ford has been "inspecting" my car for over 6 weeks now because they want to make sure I'm really happy. :rolleyes:
I'm sure it is darn annoying iamz...but if the delay prevents you from having a problematic car its best for you and Ford....

Again YOU did realize that this car IS a new model being built in a newly rennovated plant and although most folks don't want to discuss it. It is a third world country where the infrastructure is not absolutely the most modern and there is a extra distance between you and the product.

You'd have to expect teething problems with this scenario.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm sure it is darn annoying iamz...but if the delay prevents you from having a problematic car its best for you and Ford....

Again YOU did realize that this car IS a new model being built in a newly rennovated plant and although most folks don't want to discuss it. It is a third world country where the infrastructure is not absolutely the most modern and there is a extra distance between you and the product.

You'd have to expect teething problems with this scenario.
I'm not sure what you have against mexico, but you seem to hate the place (based on many of your previous posts all dogging on the country). Fact of the matter is, Mexico IS NOT a 3rd world country - it's a developing nation. In addition to that, the auto industry is one of Mexico's staples, recognized the world over for its (government supported) quality standards - all major auto manufacturers have a presence there and have for quite some time.

Quit hating on Mexico - go visit there instead (somewhere like Mexico City will probably boggle your 'mexico is a stink pile' mind).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mine has a moonroof and I'll be picking it up tomorrow! Drove by the dealership today to get a look at it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm not sure what you have against mexico, but you seem to hate the place (based on many of your previous posts all dogging on the country). Fact of the matter is, Mexico IS NOT a 3rd world country - it's a developing nation. In addition to that, the auto industry is one of Mexico's staples, recognized the world over for its (government supported) quality standards - all major auto manufacturers have a presence there and have for quite some time.

Quit hating on Mexico - go visit there instead (somewhere like Mexico City will probably boggle your 'mexico is a stink pile' mind).
I AGREE. He needs to quit hating on Mexico and Ford cars made in Mexico. I'm sick and tired of hearing the same tune over and over about our Fiesta cars not made in the USA and not having the same European parts.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Wow.....where have I posted "bashing" Mexico??!?!? Please show me where I have done that?!?:rolleyes:

So I "hate" Mexico because I post some painful truths? Really!!?

What I have posted about Mexico is the plain and simple truth.

Sure there are small "ISLANDS" of developed areas within Mexico, BUT as a whole the country is STILL a mostly third world in nature. A majority of the population is living in abject poverty, and much of the population is also very poorly educated if at all. Even the UN data indicates that Mexico still can be widely regarded as a third world nation.

The biggest problems in Mexico are a result of epidemic corrpution, sure the US has it too, but what you find in MX is really so serious that it threatens the stabillity of the country.

I hate to go far OT but since I am being attacked for posting reality I felt the need to defend myself here.

As I have posted before. I believe Mexico can build a quality product, but it is much more difficult to achieve the same consistancy and uniforminity overall that you find in a developed nation like Germany or the US.

PS..... I've been to Puebla, Mexico City, and other areas as well.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Wow.....where have I posted "bashing" Mexico??!?!? Please show me where I have done that?!?:rolleyes:

So I "hate" Mexico because I post some painful truths? Really!!?

What I have posted about Mexico is the plain and simple truth.

Sure there are small "ISLANDS" of developed areas within Mexico, BUT as a whole the country is STILL a mostly third world in nature. A majority of the population is living in abject poverty, and much of the population is also very poorly educated if at all. Even the UN data indicates that Mexico still can be widely regarded as a third world nation.

The biggest problems in Mexico are a result of epidemic corrpution, sure the US has it too, but what you find in MX is really so serious that it threatens the stabillity of the country.

I hate to go far OT but since I am being attacked for posting reality I felt the need to defend myself here.

As I have posted before. I believe Mexico can build a quality product, but it is much more difficult to achieve the same consistancy and uniforminity overall that you find in a developed nation like Germany or the US.

PS..... I've been to Puebla, Mexico City, and other areas as well.
It's because every time you mention Mexico, you constantly talk about the country making inferior products. It doesn't have to be mentioned every time you mention Mexico. Yes there is corruption in the country. Yes we know Germany and Volkswagen makes great cars.

Just let us enjoy our Fiesta! We have all been waiting for the car.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Mine has a moonroof and I'll be picking it up tomorrow! Drove by the dealership today to get a look at it.
Congrats, cat! That's fantastic! Pictures! Pictures!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Let's go back to the topic, PLEASE.

Congrats! Yes please take photos of the moonroof inside and out.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I know the sunroofs were going to be skipped during initial production, but if mine was built 2 weeks ago, it should be coming "relatively" soon. My saleswoman thinks the sunroofs are installed AFTER production, resulting in the delay.
I think it was Matt who told us that the sunroofs are late because of a supplier switch. The initial supplier wasn't up to standards and it took some time and testing to get a new supplier with a superior product.
Yep, nothing is good enough for your new Fiesta!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats, cat! That's fantastic! Pictures! Pictures!
Don't worry, I'll be posting plenty of pictures! When I went to the dealership yesterday, there was some random guy that must have seen it when driving past and got out to look at it. Didn't like seeing someone else touching my baby, but I can't blame him for wanting to look; I would have done the same thing. They had quite a few hatches sitting out, but mine was the only sedan. Also, mine was sitting next to a couple of red ones and seeing them together, both colors are GORGEOUS!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Don't worry, I'll be posting plenty of pictures! When I went to the dealership yesterday, there was some random guy that must have seen it when driving past and got out to look at it. Didn't like seeing someone else touching my baby, but I can't blame him for wanting to look; I would have done the same thing. They had quite a few hatches sitting out, but mine was the only sedan. Also, mine was sitting next to a couple of red ones and seeing them together, both colors are GORGEOUS!
What color is yours? :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats! Yes please take photos of the moonroof inside and out.
I don't have photos of the moonroof yet, but the one thing I noticed about it is that the sliding cover (not sure if there's an official name for that thing) feels very cheap and flimsy, compared to that on my Honda Accord. It's not really an issue for me, since I always leave it open to let as much light in as possible. The operation of the moonroof is very smooth though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts