Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a cold air intake, but all I can find is AEM in the us. Any Uk sites have 1.0 parts and ship to the us?

·
Registered
5 Posts
All of the plumbing up to the crossover pipe is almost the same as the ST. I used the K&N kit for the ST and I'm very happy with it, photo attached. Only 2 changes needed - replace the supplied crossover pipe adapter with a longer hose (I used this part: https://www.amazon.com/Spectre-Performance-8751-Intake-Coupler/dp/B000630B1O) and plug off hole for the ST-specific evap fitting. The latter mod occasionally makes the induction pipe whistle, which is kind of fun. Plenty of turbo noise, even with the windows up.

If you want a 1.0 specific kit I think Pumaspeed ships to the US. I was tempted but couldn't justify the price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking for a cold air intake, but all I can find is AEM in the us. Any Uk sites have 1.0 parts and ship to the us?
just go with the AEM. I just installed it. it dramatically increased the blow off sounds and the air flow when on the gas. Gives the turbo a loud “woosh” now.
Note- I have a magnaflow exhaust and res delete.

·
Registered
49 Posts
just go with the AEM. I just installed it. it dramatically increased the blow off sounds and the air flow when on the gas. Gives the turbo a loud “woosh” now.
Note- I have a magnaflow exhaust and res delete.
Not to derail this thread, but do you have any recordings of your exhaust? I was thinking of doing something similar soon.

As far as an intake, I have a K&N drop in filter and a VelossaTech big mouth and it works great. I'd be worried about the AEM placing the filter so low in inclement weather (living in the northeast we get a good bit of it). The Big Mouth directs fresh air from the front grille straight to the factory airbox and the K&N filter definitely breathes better. There's definitely a lot more BOV sounds too if that's you're looking for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not to derail this thread, but do you have any recordings of your exhaust? I was thinking of doing something similar soon.

As far as an intake, I have a K&N drop in filter and a VelossaTech big mouth and it works great. I'd be worried about the AEM placing the filter so low in inclement weather (living in the northeast we get a good bit of it). The Big Mouth directs fresh air from the front grille straight to the factory airbox and the K&N filter definitely breathes better. There's definitely a lot more BOV sounds too if that's you're looking for.
Ya the AEM does sit pretty low and close to the ground, but the whole point of that is because there is a giant open space there where the oem air box was, so plenty of cold air to come in. I was very impressed with their design. The sensor plugs right into the new intake, and it mounts right to oem air box grommet. Instructions were perfect too.
Pigo I do not have anything recorded yet, but I will ASAP and post a link in here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm running the aem also. It gets more cool air than the rest. Also running all the other intake goodies too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does yours have crazy blow off now too?? Also what other intake goodies are you running?!
Lots of turbo noise and bov. Other goodies are the turbo hard pipe, and upper intake pipe and hose. Airtec in the brand. Shipped from UK. Now I just need a tune

1 - 8 of 8 Posts