Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to install one and wanted to hear and see products first from a fiesta se 1.6L. Upload a clip or image, I found a cheap header off ebay maybe someone else has a OBX installed??

"OBX Racing Sports Exhaust Integrated CAT Header"

I also have a borla exhaust currently mounted so that shall bring a nice deep tone to er.
(someone explain how to insert a image from my computer and i will upload em lol) I see the insert image icon but its not under a link? thanks for any help. Look forward to hearing your mods.

·
Registered
539 Posts
OBX headers used to be a terrible brand, lots of bad rep came from that and older car guys steer clear of their products. But from what I have heard they have vastly improved their products. Good thing is they're cheap so if you crack one your not out too much money.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had OBX exhaust parts before. Like others have stated they weren't known for quality initially... I had a Jeep Cherokee that had the factory exhaust mani crack and I opted for OBX headers. Fit perfect and didn't have any issues.

I have to admit I'm a bit sad that the ones I see online from OBX are 2012 & 2013 model years :( I would have thought the 1.6L engine wouldn't have changed much on the exhaust side - if any but then again I haven't even had mine a month yet so I haven't looked into a whole lot.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have been thinking of trying the OBX headers just for the sheer fact they are so cheap. I won't be dissapointed if it's a waste of money. I think it should fit the 2014 as well. But after installing my exhaust I seen what little room I have in there and last time I had to grind off bolts to get my exhaust off. Not looking forward to doing that again. I think I may send it to a shop for install as a hoist would make it much easier to get hands into that narrow space. Or i'll wait till summer when it's not so cold.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have been thinking of trying the OBX headers just for the sheer fact they are so cheap. I won't be dissapointed if it's a waste of money. I think it should fit the 2014 as well. But after installing my exhaust I seen what little room I have in there and last time I had to grind off bolts to get my exhaust off. Not looking forward to doing that again. I think I may send it to a shop for install as a hoist would make it much easier to get hands into that narrow space. Or i'll wait till summer when it's not so cold.
Why did you have to grind of bolts I got mine off with out doing that. Maybe a lot of swearing but that's besides the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
539 Posts
I love in canada, we salt the roads at least 6 months of the year. it seizes bolts pretty easy. one of the bolts came out after torching it. the other one wouldn't budge even after it was cherry red. Not even a bit of a turn. It was getting dark and I was frustrated so I just grinded it and took an air chizzle to the rest of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Installing my OBX header tomorrow morning. Dyno test a week
After I'll post back with results. Before install I am at 124 to the wheel will see if there's a change

·
Registered
12 Posts
i bought the obx header in november of last year and hate the sound it makes with the fiesta. but the performance is excellent. havent had any problems with it. easy install. matched with ford racing exhaust that did sound good but now sounds like a honda.

·
Registered
14 Posts
im looking to install one and wanted to hear and see products first from a fiesta se 1.6L. Upload a clip or image, I found a cheap header off ebay maybe someone else has a OBX installed??

"OBX Racing Sports Exhaust Integrated CAT Header"

I also have a borla exhaust currently mounted so that shall bring a nice deep tone to er.
(someone explain how to insert a image from my computer and i will upload em lol) I see the insert image icon but its not under a link? thanks for any help. Look forward to hearing your mods.

I have one installed on my '15 fiesta s no cat on it tho...matched with full exhaust and I cut the flanges off and mated a high flow cherry bomb in between the header and straight portion of the exhaust and it sounds great no high pitch or anything and great performance

1 - 20 of 26 Posts