Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea when sync applink will work for our android or blackberry phones? Sounds like a great idea and I'd like to use it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
AppLink will be available in the 4th Quarter of this year.

If you are on Twitter - you can follow @idamaster. He is the Ford person working on the development.

Thanks.

Sam DeLaGarza (Ford Fiesta Brand Manager)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've searched the net for AppLink, but most everything is the April 20 announcement of this. Any new news?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still no news, I've been harassing our ford rep about it at my dealership, lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
if you're on twitter, you can follow @idamaster. He is the lead developer for applink and he is posting updates. He tweeted yesterday that applink is coming soon.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
if you're on twitter, you can follow @idamaster. He is the lead developer for applink and he is posting updates. He tweeted yesterday that applink is coming soon.
Probably in response to my prodding :)

@idamaster Julius Marchwicki
@submariner we want it to be perfect!

@idamaster Julius Marchwicki
@submariner sorry for the late response...it's coming, promise...we're working hard!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AppLink is out, still trying to get it to work, haha

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well AppLink is supposed to be launched, but they forgot onnneee small part, the actual download link to update sync, haha. I called Ford and they're taking care of it, they said check back sometime tomorrow.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Applink is available now, but it appears that the only app that will use it yet is OpenBeak. I don't tweet much so it doesn't help me. I've been waiting for Pandora. I had hoped that would come with the package, but no joy! :(

·
Registered
212 Posts
Applink is available now, but it appears that the only app that will use it yet is OpenBeak. I don't tweet much so it doesn't help me. I've been waiting for Pandora. I had hoped that would come with the package, but no joy! :(
Do you have a link?

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you have Sync, you have to log into your Sync account on Syncmyride.com and download the update from there.
I'd gone out there, and expected to see something more pointing toward it. Almost like they're trying to keep it a secret! Found it, though. Then I had to relearn that SyncMyRide doesn't really like Firefox. But, now it's on freebie MP3 player. It's too cold for me to go out there and install, though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Has anyone been able to get applink to work yet? I downloaded the Sync update, and I now have the menu and voice command "mobile applications" but I can't get it to work. I'm trying to use Pandora, and I upgraded my mobile Pandora version to the latest on my Blackberry, but nothing. Sync doesn't see any mobile apps and I can't figure it out!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Has anyone been able to get applink to work yet? I downloaded the Sync update, and I now have the menu and voice command "mobile applications" but I can't get it to work. I'm trying to use Pandora, and I upgraded my mobile Pandora version to the latest on my Blackberry, but nothing. Sync doesn't see any mobile apps and I can't figure it out!
So far it seems only OpenBeak for BlackBerry is supported.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'd gone out there, and expected to see something more pointing toward it. Almost like they're trying to keep it a secret! Found it, though. Then I had to relearn that SyncMyRide doesn't really like Firefox. But, now it's on freebie MP3 player. It's too cold for me to go out there and install, though.
I had no problems using Firefox with Syncmyride. I did the update last night and it took longer than I expected with several Sync reboots and then I was disappointed to learn that only Openbeak is supported so far. They demoed Pandora 6 months ago, what gives?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Syncmyride.com and pandora.com are both indicating that the Pandora mobile app should now work in the Fiesta. I still can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I have updated my blackberry bold, updated moblie Pandora, and updated Sync will all the latest sw versions and Sync can't see Pandora. I can stream Pandora though the bluetooth audo, but not the app.????

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Syncmyride.com and pandora.com are both indicating that the Pandora mobile app should now work in the Fiesta. I still can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I have updated my blackberry bold, updated moblie Pandora, and updated Sync will all the latest sw versions and Sync can't see Pandora. I can stream Pandora though the bluetooth audo, but not the app.????
I just went to my car. To preface, Bluetooth Media was disabled on my Android phone because the phone previously had a habit of automatically playing music whenever Sync connected wether Bluetooth Audio was selected or not.

I hit the Sync button and said "Mobile Apps", then in that menu I said "Pandora". My phone even popped up a Pandora <-> Sync screen. Since BT Media was disabled, it started playing the first 'station' on the list through the phone. I quit Pandora and re-enabled BT Media. I could never get Pandora to start again. Whenever I'd say "Pandora" from the Mobile Apps menu, Sync would give me a dumbfounded look (well, actually she said '...did not recognize the command, blah blah...).

Could be an issue with Pandora and/or the phone.

Did you try saying "Mobile Apps" before trying "Pandora"?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I can play Pandora through Bluetooth if I start it on the phone and then select "Bluetooth audio" as the source, but I could do that from day one and I don't get any control or display of what's playing, etc. What I want is the control and display that will come with Applink. Since they only announced that Openbeak was available for Applink, my guess is that Pandora isn't ready yet. :(

·
Registered
97 Posts
I updated to the newest versions of Sync & Pandora. I connected my Blackberry via Bluetooth. I spoke the commands "Bluetooth Audio>Mobile Apps>Pandora" and it works.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Updating Pandora was the key. When I installed Applink on Thursday, the new Pandora wasn't available yet. Now it all works the way I was hoping! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts