Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Armrest by Polytec Foha today. It took me about an hour to install since I was careful to not to break anything :) You need to file some plastic bits and drill three 5/16" holes to install it. Instructions are included of course.

It took a moment to get used shifting with my elbow on it and you can flip it up if you want to do that. It also has some storage space so you don't need to reach for the glove box for stuff like sunglasses or id badges and so on.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
list price was $199 but my dealers "your price" was $167 when I entered my zip code on fordsparts.com and searched by keyword "armrest".

·
Registered
283 Posts
Do you retain that rear cup holder?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Hmmmmm, I think this looks a lot better than the other armrest on the market. The other one looks good, but the shape and finish of this one really, really looks nice. More sophisticated.

*Edit; here is a pic of the Boomerang

·
Registered
4 Posts
are you able to post any pics of the armrest i cant do a search for it anywhere no results coming up. I wonder how it is compared to the boomerang armrest??

·
Registered
522 Posts
*cue zetaproducts on how the boomerang is a better product*

·
Registered
305 Posts
Armrest

The Boomerang armrest is the way to go!!! Ford and Boomerang designed the armrest together - the colors and grains are an exact match with the Fiesta interior. Customer Service is outstanding with Boomerang and the design is very strong/sturdy. It also has a 3 year warranty on it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
So how many people are being paid by Boomerang to advertise their product?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm not being paid. I have the Boomerang bit. I like how theirs actually fits the rear cupholder recepticle as opposed to the odd way the Polytec fits. However, having said that, I see a probable improvement in the Polytec with handbrake use and maybe storage space inside the armrest. Just about anything would be more useful than the space inside the Boomerang product. I could give a squat less about a bloody cupholder that extends, I would have opted for the entire armrest being devoted to storage.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the Polytec Foha armrest attaches to a metal bracket that you bolt inside the center console.

·
Registered
947 Posts
So how many people are being paid by Boomerang to advertise their product?
Well, I'm not being paid, but I do like the product. As the previous poster noted, the grains & color are an exact match to the stock interior.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Since both are aftermarket, it's entirely up to your dealer. You can ask them to order it, or do it yourself on-line.

·
Registered
260 Posts
So you can get which one at the Ford Dealer? Foha or boomerang?
the dealership I purchased from has put the Boomerang arm rest in all the 3 of the Fiestas I've seen on their lot.

·
Registered
283 Posts
We can get both at a Ford dealer, our motorcraft authorized distributors sell both units.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts