Fiesta Faction banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Just be carefull making any kind of modification to the vehicle. Things could come dislodged in a crash, and become little missles. Just a little insight. BTW, this is from personal experince.
Not to worry Matt, if I make one, it would have a steel frame and mount to existing bolts. It looks like the Boomerrang one is they way to go, or perhaps a cheaper one found on EBay. Perhaps one the the auto parts store will sell one. Nice to see it first.

Safety first.

Dan

·
Banned
143 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
My Boomerang console arrived yesterday!

This is a very nicely done component! It is very high quality. Now all I need is a Fiesta to bolt it into.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I just received my Boomerang arm rest today (I wish the car would have come that fast). Here are some high points:

The Boomerang armrest appears to be sturdily built with a heavy metal frame. The storage compartment is not very deep, but is suitable for cell phone, mp3 player, sunglasses, and the like. The cup holder slides out from the bottom of the bin. The entire lower shell extends out with the holder. It does not look like a cheezy setup. The bin has a non-locking spring latch. The bin with cover also folds up completely vertical to stow out of the way in the same fashion that most factory arm rests do. The cover padding is not very thick and that is disappointing. However, as I said it really does look like a well-constructed unit. Pictures here:

Cup holder closed

cup holder open

The installation looks easy enough, but does require the drilling of four holes, using the supplied template. The holes are drilled in the bottom of the cup holder only - they do not go through the floor or into the body itself. The supplied bracket secures it to existing body hard points. The mounting pad is sized to fit into the rear pocket of the center console, and a pocket is provided in the base of the arm bracket to replace the lost pocket. From what I can see (not having the car yet) the installation should look very proper.

Here is the installation manual:
http://members.lsol....ked/armrest.pdf

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
thanks for the instructions. I like to know what I'm getting into before buying. it's funny that you have the armrest before your Fiesta arrives.

·
Registered
324 Posts
thanks for the instructions. I like to know what I'm getting into before buying. it's funny that you have the armrest before your Fiesta arrives.
Yeah, you can tell a hard-core-gotta-have-it fanatic when he starts collecting all the accessories before the vehicle even arrives. :cool:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Corvair Armrests

I'm currently in Cedar Rapids Iowa:D at the Corvair Society of Americans annual convetion. No Fiesta.:( One of the Corvair vendors has center armrests and consoles for Corvairs for sale and order. Five types for all the different seat and body styles. Prices range from $90 to $154. This includes padded armrests on some. They all match your interior with the exact matching color and texture vinyl. The '62 aqua will be different from the '63 aqua. Some years had seven color chioces. They had dozens in stock to look at and buy. They are first class! No molded plastic, except for the cup holders. I'm thinking the Boomerrang price is a bit too high.

Iowa is a great place by the way.

Dan
'65 Corvair convertible:cool:
'11 Fiesta scheded to be delivered yesterday. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fiesta armrest

If the armrest is that important to you check out The New Ford Fiesta Armrest by Boomerang. It is a company called Boomerang that produced after market armrests specifically for the Fiesta. You can also customize the color to coordinate with your interior. Not sure if you can order directly from the site or if you have to go through your dealer. Worth checking out though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If the armrest is that important to you check out The New Ford Fiesta Armrest by Boomerang. It is a company called Boomerang that produced after market armrests specifically for the Fiesta. You can also customize the color to coordinate with your interior. Not sure if you can order directly from the site or if you have to go through your dealer. Worth checking out though.
Have you read the rest of this thread? That's what it's about.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts