Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a lot of work getting this site up and running and things are progressing. One thing we have not had until now were site/forum guidelines. But, as the number of people using the site increases, so does the need to outline some terms of use.

We have posted our Official Guidelines for using/interacting on this site/forum. You can find them here:

http://fiestafaction.com/forums/welcome-faction/31717-fiesta-faction-guidelines.html

These guidelines are an addendum to the user agreement you were asked to acknowledge when you registered.

While most of this should be common sense to rational people, there are some forum etiquette points, etc. that may not be familiar to some people.

Please take a moment to look over the guidelines and familiarize yourself with them. If for any reason you feel that you cannot abide by them and would like to cancel your account please email us at: [email protected].

These Guidelines have been put in place to ensure that the site stays professional, helpful and safe for all members.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Please ask your mods to read before acting

Please ask your moderators to read, completely, then THINK and reflect before posting a knee jerk reaction. Sometimes READING will show that what you originally thought said one thing at a quick glance, was in all actuality something totally different when read fully, completely (including who posted the message) before flying off of the handle and accusing one member of posting something another member in fact posted!

Just that few seconds to READ and UNDERSTAND can make all the difference in the world!:D

You ask us to be reasonable and friendly. Practice what you preach mods....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I mentioned in my PM to you. Posting people's personal information is prohibited. Period.

The only reason you weren't banned for that transgression was that I felt that you may not have understood that at the time. Although I would argue that most rational people would. But, now that the guidelines are posted, you have no excuse regarding where the lines are drawn.

We have over 10 years experience running forums. Our other forum is one of the most respected automotive forums on the net, being praised by both users and sponsors.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I belong to two other Fiesta forums, and the other two are almost dead. I feel sorry for the two or three people who use them, as there is little action. Sometimes no posts all day. I think I will invite them to join ours. (Not post, but private email). It would be wrong to post on another site, come join your competition.

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Corvair.

Yes, posting on other forums soliciting members to come to another forum is considered bad form. We frown upon it here, and would not want our members doing it elsewhere.

But yes, if you are friends with a few people on other forums and wish to PM them about the Faction, especially if they are unaware of it, that is fair IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts