Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish they had released (like the European Fiesta) auto lights on feature when it turns to dusk!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I wish they had released (like the European Fiesta) auto lights on feature when it turns to dusk!!!
I agree... it's one of the only things i'm going to miss about the escape... I'm actually afraid of it not being on the fiesta because i've gotten so use to not turning my headlights on.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'll "third" that coming from a Cadillac DeVille! I also want daytime running lights.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Cadillac DeVille to Fiesta and Daytime Running Lights

I'll "third" that coming from a Cadillac DeVille! I also want daytime running lights.
That's funny going from a Cadillac DeVille to a Fiesta! Being a newbie, I'm sure that story is on here somewhere, eh?

Have you checked with your dealer about the Daytime Running Lights? Since they are required in Canada, sometimes it's just a matter of "turning them on" with some programming changes.

Not sure what's required on Fiesta, because I'm still learning!

·
Registered
413 Posts
That's funny going from a Cadillac DeVille to a Fiesta! Being a newbie, I'm sure that story is on here somewhere, eh?

Have you checked with your dealer about the Daytime Running Lights? Since they are required in Canada, sometimes it's just a matter of "turning them on" with some programming changes.

Not sure what's required on Fiesta, because I'm still learning!
I've checked with the dealer, with Sam and the only way to get DLRs on the Fiesta is to turn on your parking lights or full headlights manually...a small disappointment to me.

No, the story of going from a Cadillac DeVille to a Fiesta SES hatch is not on here yet, so here's the short version. I purchased a 2001 used (repainted Mary Kay car from pink to White Diamond) in 2003 because I wanted a more comfortable vehicle for my husband to ride in. He passed in 2005 and I thought I keep driving the car for qute a while...until I saw the Fiesta on the back of the MyFord magazine. I thought about it, researched what I could online and decided I really, really needed to order a Lime Squeeze Fiesta. I took delivery of mine on July 13th and am not disappointed with my new ride...just wish it had a DRLs and on-at-dusk lights.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Agreed about the auto on feature. That was part of a package on the MINI, along with rain sensing wipers.

I'd trade both for paddle shifters though...:D

·
Registered
617 Posts
Which model do you have? The SEL sedans and SES hatches have the LED driving lights in the front bumper...

·
Registered
642 Posts
Delayed radio off too

I think another feature the car should have (as most other cars do) is the delay off for radio. What's bad about not having this feature is that it applies to SYNC as well. If you're on a phone call through SYNC and shut the car off, there goes your phone connection; you'll have to finish through your phone.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have an SES with the keyless ignition and I discovered that if you put it in Neutral (with an auto tranny) when you shut off the engine, the radio and Sync will stay on. Everything goes off when you put it into park. I don't know how the manual trans reacts.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Which model do you have? The SEL sedans and SES hatches have the LED driving lights in the front bumper...
Yes, the SEL & SES have LED lights, however, they are not DRLs. No way to activate DRLs without adding a module that I know of (dealer is trying to find if a module can be ordered). If you want lights on in the daytime (or any other time) you need to physically turn them on.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think another feature the car should have (as most other cars do) is the delay off for radio. What's bad about not having this feature is that it applies to SYNC as well. If you're on a phone call through SYNC and shut the car off, there goes your phone connection; you'll have to finish through your phone.
This might be something to do with the push button start. On my SE, I can turn the car off and the radio/bluetooth still stays on.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Usually if there isn't anything positive to say, I don't say anything. However in the case of automatic "everything" I cannot resist. I do not and will not use any automatic feature, I don't use the auto lights in my Lincoln and have had other cars with auto wipers, stupid....it's ridiculous how many times I've seen cars go under an overpass and the lights come on about the time they come back out the other side.....wow, that's awesome.

I think auto features disconnect drivers from the whole driving experience, makes them lazy and less aware to the control they have over their cars.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have an SES with the keyless ignition and I discovered that if you put it in Neutral (with an auto tranny) when you shut off the engine, the radio and Sync will stay on. Everything goes off when you put it into park. I don't know how the manual trans reacts.
Interesting. Why does the 'keyed' ignition models have the delayed radio off feature and the keyless ignition do? It really comes down to a timer relay for this feature, doesn't it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
In the automatic, if you press the start button w/o your foot on the break it will turn on in accessory mode and not start the engine.

·
Registered
157 Posts
In the automatic, if you press the start button w/o your foot on the break it will turn on in accessory mode and not start the engine.
You can also shift to neutral, which is useful if you need to coast the car somewhere.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is it possible to have the dealer install push button start on a Fiesta that was bought without it?
I highly doubt it. There isn't a ignition switch for a key in mine so they would have to install the button, override the ignition switch, install the RF receiver (I'm guessing that is what the car uses to sense the key)

It would also look silly to have the start button right next to the now defunct key ignition.

The best you could do is the remote start, but you'd still need to use your key once you got in.

·
Registered
240 Posts
haha for me the Fiesta was a huge upgrade i had a 98 Chevy Caviler which had manual crank windows and everything lol So maybe i've just become so accustom to switching on the Headlights. That for me its second nature Hehe. Now i can agree that the auto-on would be a hugely useful feature.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts