Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about autocrossing my Fiesta on occasion but I'm quite concerned that the stability or traction control will get in the way and ruin a run. With my Solstice I have to be very, very careful to turn both off before a run or it will get in the way almost immediately and if I persist sometimes the car will drop into limp mode and barely move. I haven't heard any such horror stories with the Fiesta but most autocrossing reports I've read come from journalists driving Ford-supplied cars where the traction and stability functions could have been shut off beforehand.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
it won't "ruin" your run but you need to get used to it. you can get the Fiesta to slide around a bit before the advancetrac light starts flashing. be smooth for best results.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Stability control

So far I have found the traction/stability control unobtrusive.
I was playing around on a dirt road and when the back got loose the light flashed but nothing else happened.
I will be interesting to see how it reacts on ice.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried autocrossing my Fiesta and the traction and/or stability control got in the way big time, so much that I determined at the time that the car had no hope of being competitive against the MINI or my old Audi 90 Quattro. However now I read that the Fiestas being built now can turn off the traction control (but not stability control) which might negate the problems I saw. Once I determine which software/parts I need to convert my Fiesta I'll try autocrossing the car again and see if it's any better.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
what tires are you using on the Fiesta? that makes a huge difference. put some r-compounds on it :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
However now I read that the Fiestas being built now can turn off the traction control (but not stability control) which might negate the problems I saw. Once I determine which software/parts I need to convert my Fiesta I'll try autocrossing the car again and see if it's any better.

I read the same thing on here, then went and jumped in a new SES fresh off the truck (I work at a dealership) and tried to find a way to turn it off and couldn't. I read that it is somehow in the Multifunction display (versus some physical button to push, etc...) and was unable to discover it.

So maybe the most current Fiesta's that are just coming off the line have the option, but it could take a while for them to finally reach dealers. (AZ is also a bit of a distance from Michigan)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts