Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2010 Fiesta, and it didn't have Bluetooth / AUX built in. I thought it'd be easy to fix by hooking one of these into the back of the CD / stereo system: http://static4.tme.eu/products_pics/6/8/e/68e0937d0f20f63d46f066cb42c048a0/13981.jpg (it connects to pin 3, 4 (R, L) and 10 (Gnd)).

Everything fit, but I couldn't get it to work. When I press the AUX button in the center console, nothing happens (except that the screen returns to the radio station currently playing, if I press the AUX button when something else is on screen - so the button does something).

So, I have an AUX button, but my stereo system doesn't go into AUX mode when I press it. There is no USB that I'm aware of, otherwise I might be able to switch of the firmware somehow?

The CD player has part no 8A6T-18C815-BP and the panel with all the buttons (Radio, Aux, interface controls) has part no 8A6T18K811AD.

Hopefully some of you have some tips and ideas for what to try next. I'd really appreciate it! :cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Check to see if you have the USB inside the center consul. If not you should atleast have a standard line in. If so you can go to Best Buy and get a Bluetooth adapter to plug into the line in. It has a battery but only holds like 8hrs of charge. But it has a USB plug to keep it charged and just plug that into a cig lighter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
While I didn't have to do that, I did that for my 20 year old Bose sound system in my house. It also comes with the L and R plugs as well. Best of luck and let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it working by getting a ELM327 device and using Forscan to enable Aux. The cable was working, but it had to be enabled in software as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got it working by getting a ELM327 device and using Forscan to enable Aux. The cable was working, but it had to be enabled in software as well.
Hello from 2021...
I have got a Fiesta Trend X 2017... There isnt't any aux built. I want to buy a Bluetooth module. Seller says to me: You have to enable aux with elm327 by Forscan. So, I bought a elm327 device. I have 2 months extended serial for Forscan. I can see the Aux settings but I couldn't understand which setting is true. When I click to aux on Forscan, 4 choice are opened. Which one I have enable? Can you help me?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts