Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, yeah, I'm new here. I'm currently racing a B-Spec Fiesta in SCCA, and I'm deep into a quest to remove the speed limiter on this car. Almost all of the Fiestas currently racing have this speed limiter at 108mph...and no one seems to know how to get around it. The ECU (we must use stock ECU) can be reflashed (it has a different tune), but all the experts can't seem to get rid of the speed limiter with a new tune. Yes, I've talked to everyone that currently will work on them...at least I think so. Most places will not touch them. I'm now headed down a different path to the elimination of the speed limiter - I'm looking at wiring in a switch for a wheel speed sensor, which would kill the TCS and the speed limiter (should). I've verified this works, but does anyone know for sure how long it takes the TCS to "reset" ....I need ABS, and I can't wait 30 seconds for it to come back when I flip the switch back on. Yes, I'm aware this sounds sketchy, but I'm that desperate. To be clear, I'm talking about flipping a switch on a long straightaway (where the car can reach 108+), and then flipping it back before I hit the brakes to make the turn after the straightaway. Basically, disconnecting the wheel speed sensor so I can go over 108, and then reconnecting it so I can have ABS back. The car does have the Ford racing ABS module. Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

· Super Moderator
1,303 Posts
OETuning some years back advised they could update the NA PCM but you’d have to ship it to them. Another thought is to work with a Fiesta ST tuner to see if am ST PCM could be tuned to work work an NA motor. It won’t be cheap plus PCM and BCM have to sync

1 - 2 of 2 Posts