Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I had a 2011 Fiesta 5mt sedan years back and left to go to a focus and then VW.

2.5 years ago, I decided to get another fiesta 5mt but a hatchback this time.

I currently have contour svt wheels on it during the months that don’t require snow tires here in New England.
I recently purchased a set of H&R springs for it that will be going on and my friend is giving me a stock FiST exhaust. I also purchased CFM shifter bushings from a member on here. I’m hoping that I can find some more deals on aftermarket parts on here.

Here’s to my new build thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome back!

Lovin those wheels! Can't wait to see and hear the FiST exhaust!
Thanks! Same here! I ordered v band flanges and a clamp that I’m going to have welded on so it’ll be an easier install and I won’t have to worry about using the slip joint to connect the cut portion

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Picked up some new winter rubber to replace my worn out blizzaks

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Picked up a set of H&R springs today! can’t wait to get these on

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome back dude! And holy christ you have my exact car twin!

Haha! Nice! Tux black is my favorite black! Your csvt wheels look to be in better condition than mine though :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Haha! Nice! Tux black is my favorite black! Your csvt wheels look to be in better condition than mine though :(

Yours looks really nice man, and these wheels were pretty haggard when i first got them. It took a ton of cleaning, they still have a few rashes here and there though.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yours looks really nice man, and these wheels were pretty haggard when i first got them. It took a ton of cleaning, they still have a few rashes here and there though.

I need to find time to clean mine up and repaint them or something. The insides are like chipping/oxidizing

·
Registered
22 Posts
I need to find time to clean mine up and repaint them or something. The insides are like chipping/oxidizing

Aye, ive thought about having mine powder coated.
For yours some dremel time and paint would probably fix em up. If you wanna get really fancy would could have em taken in, stripped down and either painted or powder coated. Its a bit of money depending on the place but the result is way worth it imo.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aye, ive thought about having mine powder coated.
For yours some dremel time and paint would probably fix em up. If you wanna get really fancy would could have em taken in, stripped down and either painted or powder coated. Its a bit of money depending on the place but the result is way worth it imo.

I had a friend once let me use his moms sand blasting shop to blast my Audi wheels I had on my gti for winter. It’s fun in a sand booth

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just placed my order for the CFM short shifter!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just placed my order for the CFM short shifter!

I ordered one and just returned it friday. Sadly they aren’t compatible with the facelift model, the cables are different.
Itll work, but is kinda janky because the length of the mounting bracket is longer, so you have to push the cables back, plus the smaller cable doesnt quite click in like its supposed to. So when shifting it felt great, until i had to use fifth gear or reverse then its like hitting a wall and it feels like it doesnt quite wanna go in and i was afraid for possible wear on the synchros with it like that. Like i said it worked, but its actually only made for the ‘11-‘14 fiesta, where the shifting mechanisms were made in germany, ours are made in mexico. I believe you’d technically have to get one for the usdm fiesta st for it to work properly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a friend once let me use his moms sand blasting shop to blast my Audi wheels I had on my gti for winter. It’s fun in a sand booth

If you can do that id definitely do so, at that rate even rattle can paint would probably come out really well without alot of work.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ordered one and just returned it friday. Sadly they aren’t compatible with the facelift model, the cables are different.
Itll work, but is kinda janky because the length of the mounting bracket is longer, so you have to push the cables back, plus the smaller cable doesnt quite click in like its supposed to. So when shifting it felt great, until i had to use fifth gear or reverse then its like hitting a wall and it feels like it doesnt quite wanna go in and i was afraid for possible wear on the synchros with it like that. Like i said it worked, but its actually only made for the ‘11-‘14 fiesta, where the shifting mechanisms were made in germany, ours are made in mexico. I believe you’d technically have to get one for the usdm fiesta st for it to work properly.

Do you know what your build date is? I was messaging with the guys from CFM and they said ford changed things with build dates after 11/2014 and mine was built in 8/2014

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh! Okay, you should have no issues then. Mines a 2017, i didnt know that there was a cross over for those parts into the facelift models, but if they say your good your probably fine. I guess id just say to compare the two when you have your stock one out. If they match your golden. Mine was a fair bit different.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh! Okay, you should have no issues then. Mines a 2017, i didnt know that there was a cross over for those parts into the facelift models, but if they say your good your probably fine. I guess id just say to compare the two when you have your stock one out. If they match your golden. Mine was a fair bit different.

Yeah they said that they can’t guarantee that it’ll work but they think it will! My fingers are crossed that it does lol I also have shifter base bushings that will be going in at the same time

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah they said that they can’t guarantee that it’ll work but they think it will! My fingers are crossed that it does lol I also have shifter base bushings that will be going in at the same time

Definitely keep us updated :D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts