Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I park in a parking garage at work... my last car had it's fair share of little dings and dents. It's expected and whatever... not a huge deal. So I've been being really careful where I park and how I park and I check my car when I leave work everyday to see if I've received my first ding. It's been 2 whole months and not one ding or dent.

Well this week I've been working out of one of our hospitals (I work for a company that owns a lot of hospitals). I was there 4 days this week and parked in the same spot the first 3 days. It was an open lot and the spot I was parking in had spots on both sides. Well yesterday I was going to park in the same spot but there was a car parked pretty crooked and almost over the line on the right side of the spot. I was thinking of passing it up and a buddy from work was with me and he convinced me to find a different spot to park.

So I see a perfect spot that has no parking spot on the left and plenty of room on the right. It was a corner spot like this.

open | * | | | | |
area
----
----
----
----

My fiesta was where the * is. The open area between the rows was definitely not enough for a car to park so I was feeling pretty good about the spot. Well 4 hours later I come out to leave and the words out of my mouth were, "You have got to be kidding me!"

There was about an inch and a half scratch down to the metal along the beveled edge of the back driver side door. No excess paint as if it was a car impact. I have no idea how someone managed to do it... maybe it was a bicycle or something. I was so pissed. At the time I was thinking it would probably be $500 to $600 to fix. It's such a little scratch but they really dug deep... and in a bad spot.

Today I had off work so I took the car around to see what the damage would be to fix. To get it done right since it's so close to the driver side front door they will have to repaint both the front and back door to get it to blend properly. The first place I took it quoted $509... I took it to the dealer next and the guy asked me up front if I was paying out of my own pocket. I told him I was and he said he could do both doors for $400 and he would try and just do the back door first and see if it comes out okay and if it does that would only be $225.

Both places gave me a few options... we could just touch it up so it doesn't rust but it won't look right. Not a great option. The dealer mentioned we could do a stripe along the edge that would cover it up... while that might look okay I don't really want a stripe... So I told him I'd rather just have it done right and get it taken care of.

So I'm dropping it off Sunday night and he's going to get to it first thing Monday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will work out just doing the back door but I'm resigning myself to the $400.

Sigh.

·
Registered
343 Posts
:( within three weeks of having my escape I received a small door dent on both front doors. Even though I made it a point to park far away from others. People suck

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
This is a fear of mine...

I work at a university and most of the students live on campus, but not all of them. I'll definitely be worried about this.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That sucks. I work over on the east end and I've had my previous car keyed. I was't to happy about it. Hopefully it doesn't happen to this car. Good luck on getting the paint fixxed. I work next to Sam Swope, so if you see a white Fiesta over there, it's me.

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage. :( That kind of thing would bum me out too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The car is so narrow that people must have to go out of their way to ding the doors. Some people are clueless about this. I saw a guy ding a Bentley once (fortunately no noticeable damage).

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
The best defense against stupid irresponsible people these days seems to be simply owning a silver car.

I've got a silver 2002 SVT Focus and from ten feet away the paint looks like brand new and flawless but get up close and it's got nicks and chips all over from idiots in parking lots and I typically park well away from the crowd.

Silver paint FTW!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha... silver paint ftw.

Yeah it probably wouldn't have been that noticeable with silver for them to just touch it up too. Oh well.

I picked it up on Tuesday and it looks like nothing ever happened. Cost me $400 as they had to do both doors. The $400 hurt but I'm glad it looks brand new again.

I won't be volunteering to be the run driving at work anymore. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car definitely is narrow enough that someone would have to almost go out of their way to ding it up like you said. Some people are just douche bags... and the others don't even realize they are doing anything wrong.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sucks. I work over on the east end and I've had my previous car keyed. I was't to happy about it. Hopefully it doesn't happen to this car. Good luck on getting the paint fixxed. I work next to Sam Swope, so if you see a white Fiesta over there, it's me.
I've only seen one other fiesta in our area that wasn't on the lot I bought mine from... and that was in New Albany at Arni's Pizza. I know there are a few out there I just haven't come across them. I keep hoping to see some more... I've had mine long enough now that I feel like my exclusivity has run its course. ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
That's unfortunate. I'm glad it's back to looking good.
Whoever did it...karma's a bitch and they'll get theirs one way or another...;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts