Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I wonder if the basic fiesta (1.0 ecoboost model) can be upgrade or mod to be like fiesta ST (except the engine)

I mean all the suspension, stiffer rear twist beam, faster steering and stuff like that. Is that even possible?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Most of that stuff is just bolt on. The steering might get into some computer stuff due to the E-power steering, on old cars it was just swap in and out, but now everything is computer controlled and often what once was a bolt on has become more trouble than it's worth.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
the suspension and rear twist beam will bolt-up. The quicker steering ratio comes from the location of the tie rods on the spindle, the rack is the same for all the cars. The brakes should also bolt-up if you get the entire ST twist beam and ST spindles. You can add the Fiesta Sport Appearance package front bumper or 3DCarbon lip, ST skirts, ST spoiler, and ST rear diffuser to any Fiesta hatchback. ST wheels also fit with no issues. None of the engine or gearbox parts will fit the 1.0L.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for your answer

So, basically by bolt on you mean I can buy parts and stick it to the basic unit and I can essentially get the same as ST without having to replace the whole part right?

And I assume if one day I want to swap the engine then the ST engine would also fit right? Because it should have the same engine bay

Sorry for noobs question

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
with enough time and money anything is possible. The cost of doing a ST engine/gearbox swap isn't worth it. If you want a ST, it is best to buy one. If you want to tweak the suspension of your 1.0L Fiesta to be more ST-like, then the easiest would be to buy a set of ST springs/dampers from a ST owner that has upgraded. Keep the 1.0L twist beam and add an aftermarket sway bar. Trying to swap over a plethora of ST parts will quickly get expensive and you will be knocking on the door of used ST prices really quick. Remember that when it is time to sell your 1.0L, the more stuff you have done to it will make it harder to sell. You narrow your market with modified cars. The more extensive the modifications, the smaller the market to sell it, and you will never get close to what you put into the car.

·
Registered
201 Posts
with enough time and money anything is possible. The cost of doing a ST engine/gearbox swap isn't worth it. If you want a ST, it is best to buy one. If you want to tweak the suspension of your 1.0L Fiesta to be more ST-like, then the easiest would be to buy a set of ST springs/dampers from a ST owner that has upgraded. Keep the 1.0L twist beam and add an aftermarket sway bar. Trying to swap over a plethora of ST parts will quickly get expensive and you will be knocking on the door of used ST prices really quick. Remember that when it is time to sell your 1.0L, the more stuff you have done to it will make it harder to sell. You narrow your market with modified cars. The more extensive the modifications, the smaller the market to sell it, and you will never get close to what you put into the car.
This, over and over. If you want an ST, make the financial moves you have to make to get an ST. They are not all that rare. If you want to hop up your 1.0, go for it (i am!). Just do it knowing that it is not, nor will it ever be, an ST.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I think I would enjoy modding a 1.0 over the ST just to have that 3 cylinder noise. Get enough power to the wheels in a 3pot and it will surely turn heads.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why can’t a 1.6 st engine fit in the 1.0L do the engine mounts not line up or something

1 - 13 of 13 Posts