Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the Fiesta has been rated as a best buy by Consumers Digest, not to be confused with consumer reports, Ford sent me a nice brochure on the 2016 Fiesta.
Most likely all Fiesta owners will get one.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Did the 2015s fix the powershift issues? I don't know anyone with a 13 or 14 that doesn't rattle like hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
No. The 15's have the same parts and programming as the latest TSBs spec. Not sure about the '16s though but I suspect the same

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did the 2015s fix the powershift issues? I don't know anyone with a 13 or 14 that doesn't rattle like hell.

Then you don't know me. My 13 SE hatch with 34K miles doesn't rattle like hell.

Always the naysayers.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Then you don't know me. My 13 SE hatch with 34K miles doesn't rattle like hell.

Always the naysayers.
I meant in my area. The FIESTA is a pretty popular car around here. I have a 14. My neighbor down the hall has a 13. The apartment across the parking lot from me has a sedan that's a first generation of some year. And someone in our office complex has a sedan of the 2nd generation. There's a twin of my car at a restaurant I frequent. All of them audibly grind from the outside of the vehicle.

I'm glad yours is good to you. Please don't devalue the experience that is frequently posted on this forum. Ford needs to replace everyone's transmissions that are experiencing these issues instead of "it's normal". I would buy a 2016 at the drop of a hat if I knew the transmission worked properly or that Ford would stand behind it.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
If powershifts are grinding then there are tranny issues that should be checked. There is a newer rev of the clutch assembly (rev F I think) that allegedly fixes/prevents a lot of the prior issues. See the Service Bay - grinding thread, the data on that rev is in there.

My prior '12 had issues way before they expanded the TSB cause list ... when it was repaired it ran like a dream. But NEVER did it have audible grinding sounds. Nor did my prior '11 nor the prior '14s.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If powershifts are grinding then there are tranny issues that should be checked. There is a newer rev of the clutch assembly (rev F I think) that allegedly fixes/prevents a lot of the prior issues. See the Service Bay - grinding thread, the data on that rev is in there.

My prior '12 had issues way before they expanded the TSB cause list ... when it was repaired it ran like a dream. But NEVER did it have audible grinding sounds. Nor did my prior '11 nor the prior '14s.
I know, I've worked with Megan multiple times and even had a regional CSM contact me. I was delivered a paper from Ford stating that grinding noises and shuddering are normal characteristics of DCT. Furthermore my cars clutches aren't bad enough to warrant replacing.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I don't put much faith in any vehicle test reports. They all very so wildly. It's all a matter of what they like.

I've two reports on the Fiesta recently. One, after long term owership, found the Fiesta to be the worst vehicle period! Of them all! Not just in its class.

I just read another day ago saying the '16 Fiesta is still a gem. 2nd best in it's class. 2nd to Honda Fit.

My Fiesta has been trouble free. Only routine maintenance for me. I'm past 100,000mi.

And for the recond, I think k the Honda Fit is ****! The Fiesta has far more available features and equipment not available on the Fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts