Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one with the winter package? How is the Fiesta set up for preheat? Just an oil pan heater, or does it have a coolant circulation heater. Considering a mod to mine before winter hits.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Any one with the winter package? How is the Fiesta set up for preheat? Just an oil pan heater, or does it have a coolant circulation heater. Considering a mod to mine before winter hits.
I got the winter package, but it isn't included in that. It was a required option in Minnesota. You got it no matter what. It was only $25 or $35, but I don't need it. I want my $25 or $35 back! I had one on my 85 Tempo, used it when it got like minus 20. Modern cars start when it's gets cold. When I worked nights, my Neon started when it was -28, and there is no place to plug it in unless you are at home. Place way up North have plug ins where you go, but this for temps below -30.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the block heater and the winter package. (Though the winter package I have is just heated seats and mirrors) Got the "not quite a recall" letter, and need to get the block heater replaced, hopefully this week.

The block heater is a simple plug type. I haven't actually used it; it's dropped below -30C a few days this year, but we've walk to the grocery store and I bus to work. It'll start just fine in -18C, but haven't tried below that.

How have people routed their block heater power cord out of the engine bay? Mine is held in place with some clips that feel like they'll break if I pull on them, and there's not enough slack to just pull it forward without getting it out of the clips.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
23 Posts
How have people routed their block heater power cord out of the engine bay? Mine is held in place with some clips that feel like they'll break if I pull on them, and there's not enough slack to just pull it forward without getting it out of the clips.

Any ideas?
You just need to push/pull on the cable until the "thinner" part of the wire can be uncliped.

I clip and unclip mine every morning !

I understand what you mean when you say the the clips feel like they're gonna break, but the only thing that will happen is it will come out of the hole where the clip is installed.

Geez... I used the word "clip" so many times in this reply !

·
Registered
839 Posts
Just a note that for both my Fiesta and Freestyle, the block heater brings the temp up to about 30-31 deg C (87-88 deg F).

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Just a note that for both my Fiesta and Freestyle, the block heater brings the temp up to about 30-31 deg C (87-88 deg F).
Do you know how long it needs to be plugged in to get up to that temp if say the outside temp is around 0 F.

·
Registered
283 Posts
BTW, there is a TSB on the block heaters right now, so you might want to wait a bit to get one, haha.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
BTW, there is a TSB on the block heaters right now, so you might want to wait a bit to get one, haha.
I thought it was a recall on cars built during a specific time frame. What does the TSB say?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts