Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the news that my 2014 1.0 ecoboost has a blown head gasket and needs valve repairs. The cost is $2,700. Are there any options like swapping in a 4 cylinder or buying a replacement 1.0 for less?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got the news that my 2014 1.0 ecoboost has a blown head gasket and needs valve repairs. The cost is $2,700. Are there any options like swapping in a 4 cylinder or buying a replacement 1.0 for less?
Check out how much used 1.0 engines cost in eBay.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would guess that your time is up regarding repair of that one. Between the DPS6 transaxle debacle and the brittleness of the 1.0 cooling system design, I can vouch for the basic, manual transmission Fiesta as being a very good car. But I wouldn't have any disagreement with your decision to buy some other brand of vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
LKQ had a complete engine for $900 not too long ago. Keep in mind you can negotiate pricing with them too

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
Sorry to hear. What was the official cause of failure?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased mine with a blown head gasket. I replaced the gasket and had the head repaired at a machine shop. No cracks, but it was warped .009” and none of the exhaust valves were sealing.

The job is surprisingly involved for such a small engine, but it runs properly now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts