Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first week that I had my car, the bluetooth media streaming worked flawlessly. Then it stopped. I tried several different audio apps on my phone, unpaired/repaired, performed a master reset, tried to update the firmware and a couple other tricks with no luck. Also, making and receiving calls worked just fine.

Today I disconnected my battery to install my intake. After I was done, I started the car, the phone paired just fine, and I was curious if the issue was miraculously fixed. To my surprise, it was.

What I don't get, is if this was some kind of a "hard reset" to the Sync system, why did my phone pair again? Wouldn't you think that it would be wiped from the memory? I'm not complaining, because everything works again. It's just more of a head-scratcher.

Hope this helps others.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I had issues with sync refusing to play, telling me the index was full. The hard reset didn't fix it but for some reason disconnecting the battery did the trick.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey breon & appleinfl.

Did either of you try performing a Master Reset before disconnecting the battery?

Performing a Master Reset of SYNC will completely erase all media files, phonebook, and text messaging information. Any customization will not be saved and the SYNC unit will return to the factory default settings. Although you'll loose your phone pairing, I recommend doing this first.

Master Reset:

Note* To scroll, use your seek arrows

1. Press PHONE to enter the Phone Menu.
2. Scroll until System Settings is selected and press OK.
3. Scroll until Advanced is selected and press OK.
4. Scroll until Master Reset is selected and press OK.
5. Press OK to confirm when prompted. The display will confirm when
the reset is complete.

Jaclyn

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey breon & appleinfl.

Did either of you try performing a Master Reset before disconnecting the battery?
I mentioned my trouble shooting steps in my original post, including a master reset. It didnt work for me.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
508 Posts
Pulling the F10 fuse might fix it too. I have to do that every 2 months to fix the "index full, some songs may not be available" problem.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I mentioned my trouble shooting steps in my original post, including a master reset. It didnt work for me.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
Sorry about that. I should have read it more closely. Like AlanBDahl said, pulling the SYNC fuse (F10) is another option for a reset of the system. I recommend this process over pulling the battery.

Have you checked to see if there's a software update available for your Fiesta yet? If not, here's a link where you can check:

Verify your VIN to access your SYNC owner account as a guest - Please Enter Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)

Let me know what you find.

Jaclyn

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hope you guys don't mind a Fusion owner sneaking in, but I'm having the same problem with my 2010 Fusion Hybrid. BT works absolutely fine with the phone, but the audio has just stopped.

My question is, does anyone know if it would be the same fuse to pull on the Fiesta as the Fusion?

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
It was suggested to me that I should disable the automatic download of the phone book in the sync menu. This has cured the problem for me. I still run into some issues with iHeartRadio but I think that has to do with my phone OS is still Android 2.2. I frequently run the my audio apps via bluetooth and it hasn't had a problem in a month or more. Hope this helps.

Ray

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
having the exact issue with our 2013 Escape with MyFordTouch. Jacyln has been great to work with, but we have yet to find a solution that works.

Does the phonebook try and automatically download each time you start the car?

My Fiesta is running a very old version of Sync2.0 and it works really well, way better than MFT. MFT+BTA=:mad: < MFT+BTA+Angry wife=:)mad: to infinity) There is some fun math for you.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I hope you guys don't mind a Fusion owner sneaking in, but I'm having the same problem with my 2010 Fusion Hybrid. BT works absolutely fine with the phone, but the audio has just stopped. My question is, does anyone know if it would be the same fuse to pull on the Fiesta as the Fusion?
Thanks!
Hey, CaptBananaPants -

Have you tried performing a Master Reset on your system yet? Although it will restore settings to factory defaults, I recommend it over pulling the fuse:

SYNC & SYNC with MyFord | How to Perform a Master Reset | Ford.com

If you're comfortable with the fuse pull, the SYNC fuse is in location 13 and needs to be left out for at least three minutes. The Fuse panel for your Fusion is located below and to the left of the steering wheel by the break pedal.

having the exact issue with our 2013 Escape with MyFordTouch. Jacyln has been great to work with, but we have yet to find a solution that works.
Does the phonebook try and automatically download each time you start the car?
My Fiesta is running a very old version of Sync2.0 and it works really well, way better than MFT. MFT+BTA=:mad: < MFT+BTA+Angry wife=:)mad: to infinity) There is some fun math for you.
I thought your Twitter handle look familiar, BRGT350, thanks for your kind words! Yes, each time your phone connects with SYNC, the system will look for new, deleted, or edited contacts and update accordingly.

Do you have an appointment set to update the Escape?

Talk to you guys soon!

Jaclyn

·
Registered
111 Posts
Bluetooth not working, phone button not doing anything and AUX button barely showing Sync for a fraction of a second on the LCD. Remove the fuse F10 and put it back in and now everything seems to work fine again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hope I'm posting this in the right thread. I had my 2013 Fiesta for a measly three months when SYNC suddenly (well, after I removed my iPod to add new songs to it) began saying "Voice control is not available for this device." The iPod had been working perfectly before then. After checking out various forums online, I did a master reset. It then took about three weeks for SYNC to index the iPod--it was ridiculous. Finally, the day I was scheduled to take it to the dealer for an oil change and to complain about the SYNC issue, wouldn't you know it, the iPod stopped indexing and began working just fine. The dealer folks just shrugged and basically said, "Well, what can you do?"

A month later (just a few days ago), I removed the iPod from the car again to add and delete some songs. Once again, I ran it through Sync My Ride afterward. When I returned it to my car, the exact same thing happened: voice commands no longer worked, I had to do a reset, and now, as I write this, it's indexing, indexing, indexing. So I guess I will need to go through this EVERY time I alter the songs/playlists on my iPod? Seriously?

I would prefer to just pull the fuse, but I don't know where it is, how to access it, or which one to pull. Can somebody tell me where to find a diagram or instructions for pulling the SYNC fuse in a 2013 Fiesta? And are there special instructions on how to pull it? Do you just pull it out with your hand and then re-insert it, or do you need a special tool? I asked the dealer and they refused to tell me.

Oh, and does the indexing process take just as long when you pull a fuse as it does when you do a master reset? If I have to resign myself to resetting SYNC every single time I add songs to my iPod, I'd at least like to avoid having the indexing process take three weeks. (Note: when I first bought the car and ran the iPod for the first time, indexing only took a few minutes.)

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
The F10 Fuse is located under the hood, driver side, next to the battery. It has plastic cover that has two clips holding it on, remove this and on the underside of the cover I believe it shows the orientation of the fuse's if memory serves me right. A fuse puller is kind of like a little pair of plastic tweezers that has two ridges to hold the fuse's edge so you can pull it straight out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The F10 Fuse is located under the hood, driver side, next to the battery. It has plastic cover that has two clips holding it on, remove this and on the underside of the cover I believe it shows the orientation of the fuse's if memory serves me right. A fuse puller is kind of like a little pair of plastic tweezers that has two ridges to hold the fuse's edge so you can pull it straight out.
On my Fiesta SES 2011 the fuse F10 is behind the glove box. this is the one I removed and replaced to fix my Bluetooth, AUX, phone, Sync not working

·
Registered
25 Posts
doh! My mistake, thought it was there with the fuse I had to pull this winter so I could actually drive my car.... :rolleyes:..

Anyways, on a positive note, the sides of the glove box can be pinched inwards to allow it to fold forward fully to access the fuse panel. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Trust me just about any Sync issues including long indexing will be solved by pulling the F10 fuse. Indexing on my 2800 song IPod takes on,y 5, maybe 19 minutes at most. If it takes longer pull the fuse, wait 30 seconds and put it back in again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry can I just ask what year most of you are driving? I just recently got a 2010 WS LX and thought it came with BT audio streaming. My phone calls work fine but audio streaming, I have no idea how to enable that. Pressing aux multiple times doesn't do anything. No settings that I know of on my iPhone iOS 6.1 either. Pretty frustrated. Google maps turn by turn directions get streamed through the car speaker when it's active but can't figure out music.

·
Registered
508 Posts
On US-market Fiestas you just tell Sync you want "Bluetooth audio" and it switches. A quick Google indicates that BA is enabled via the Aux switch on European cars. You wouldn't happen to have a iPhone 5 would you? There's a thread saying something about an upgrade being needed to do BA with the iPhone 5.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I do have an iPhone 5. I have an appointment with my Ford dealership to update the firmware on my entertainment system. But it can't be just my iPhone as my friends iPhone 4S cannot stream audio either (but they both pair with the car for phone calls).

Also, today when I activated Siri, it streamed through the cars speakers but still no audio from the media player on my iPhone!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts